Sr. Regulator
http://www.puk.ac.za/music/kv522/music/trio.html

music related humour...
smile.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
try this: http://www.puk.ac.za/music/kv522/music/trio.html

it's a compositional technique, deviding the octave into 12 tones (the 12 semitones) and making a unique order of those 12 notes - where each note, as such, is as important as any of the others... - in theory not making much "room" for tonality,

hitsware

try this: http://www.puk.ac.za/music/kv522/music/trio.html

it's a compositional technique, deviding the octave into 12 tones (the 12 semitones) and making a unique order of those 12 notes - where each note, as such, is as important as any of the others... - in theory not making much "room" for tonality,

Hmmm. Thanks. So there is no 'root note' nor 'resolution'?
I've heard the term, but thought it had something to do with just intonation (which interests me alot). Could you reccomend a piece that well exemplifies the technique?
Thanks Again........

hitsware

Ah. I've heard that type music. Never would have imagined the system used to create it. What do you think was the purpose of developing such a system? To challenge themselves? Just experimentation? In a way like a 'handicap' in golf? Pretty cool in a sense, though I can't say it 'rings towards the lost chord'
cheers444.gif

It would lend itself pretty well to my MAI (musical artificial intelligence) approach.........Thanks
smile.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
it's musical evolution... according to Schönberg and the 2nd Wiennese School (where the 1st being Mozart, Beethoven)...
after the outbrake of the 1st world war in 1914 the world to many europeans wasn't the same... the concepts of happyness, sadness and the whole tragic war wasn't encompassed in the expressions available to artist in the world of music... - and on that background Schönberg developed this new method of composition, which was in fact meant to be the direct evolution of the previous compositional styles "available" at that time... - the tonal world of the neoclassisists wasn't able to express the emotions of that time... a break was needed... and this new method opened up a whole new world - starting with the dodecaphony and continuing over pure serialism - where also such things as note-lenghts and volume (forte, piano markings etc.) was included in "rows" - "rows" also being used in connection with the 12-tone/dodecaphony system - where the additional "rows" in total gives us this "serialism"...
the pioneer in applying this thinking to a computer-environment where the whole "universe" in a sence, is open to interpretation, is Stockhausen - try to listen to some of his "Studio"s for instance - just have in mind that it's the infancy of computermusic
smile.gif

Jamie

Banned
smile.gif
lolllllllllllsssssssssss. it is 'very heavy stuff' hitsware.but fun if you have the time. but is a bit mind boggling
nut.gif

your link.
hmmmmmmmmm wonder if they would like 'their new names'
grin.gif
regards. Jamie.
p.s. when i saw www.borg etc. i thought it may have been the funny video links to 'victor borg concerts' cannot get them anymore here in australia.
bawling.gif

hitsware

>'very heavy stuff'

Yes. An entirely different (to me) way of looking at composition. I (thanks to your link) read some of Stockhausen's musings. That guy is quite the mystic. I tend to think in terms of some clever lyrics, nice chords, and a good dance beat.......Duuh........