Talk about your pets here!

rojo

(Ret)
We`ve got five cats here at home; two of them like to drink out of the toilet! Eww. Three of them are 'lap cats', that is, they like to jump up and sit on our laps. One is very fat, and purrs really loudly- sounds like a buzzsaw.

I`m sure others among you have pets- tell us about `em!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
We have two indoor cats ... fixed ... Lucy is a Tortoise Shell variety - really dark brown (almost black) with veins of tan and a white chin. Melvin is just a ordinary multi-gray/black/tan colored long haired variety and the sweetest of the two.

Kurkikohtaus

My first cat was named Mozart. He was wild and ran away after about a year or so.

My second cat was named Mendelssohn. He was nice but died after only five years.

I finally clued in and named my third cat after a long-lived composer, Vivaldi, who managed to live a full and healthy life.

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Meet our cocker spaniel Jazz (born 2002):

48bf9587020001bq-1.jpg

Ouled Nails

Less than a year ago, this house where I live sheltered five cats and one young dog:p . The cats' names: Babe, Bizou, Mae West, Greyish, Cinnamon; the dog's name: Malsom, which is the Wabanaki word for wolf. No, this is not going to be a horror story!! Two of the five cats were quite old. We never knew exactly when they were born because they were abandoned/abused cats we adopted in the middle of the 1980's. They were sisters and, after a long and hopefully happy life they passed. It was perhaps a good thing to get a young puppy late in their lives because it kept them sharp and one of them, Cinnamon, just stood there, standing her ground as though she wanted to say "I have been here much longer than you and no matter how energetic and "pushy" you are, I am not going to run away. She was great, even in her old age! The three remaining cats, also sisters, have adjusted to the dog. Babe, the black cat, has never been afraid of anything and she simply stands tall in front of the dog, who has now grown into his wolf size. He respects her for that and doesn't dare challenging her:( . Her two sisters are not so bold. Bizou is your archtypical "scary cat" and she reaches for height, as high as she can get:eek: . Mae West is just the wild type and wants out. Now, the dog! He is a Husky-Shepard mix, all white, from a mother who had steely eyes and a huge neck and who looked very much like a wolf. He spends the day outside and the night inside and that's when things get interesting between cats and dog.
End of story:rolleyes:

rojo

(Ret)
Are you sure that`s the end of the story, ON? I`d like to hear about when things get interesting... :grin:

Farrahcat

Nice story Ouled Nails.

I love talking about my pets. I owned several stray cats when I was younger. I adopt abandoned cats. My parents did not approve of this of course. :cry:

I have 4 dogs now. All are all small dogs. I can't keep a big dog although I want to have one. I have a Mutt, Shih Tzu and 2 Lhasa Apsos. All of them are lovely. I just can't imagine life without them.

Last edited:

Christine Callisen

Commodore of happiness and laughter
I have a lovely cat called Arnold! He likes to walk on my head when Í´m sleeping, and then he sound like a little baby if I do not get up RIGHT AWAY!

My second pet are ugly and is called Mikkel.... But actually he is my little brother so I don´t know if that count´s?

If somebody can tell me how to post a pictue you can se them both:D

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Ha Ha ... :grin: wonder if siblings do qualify :confused: perhaps if they are leash trained :rolleyes:

In answer to your question, Christine, if you click on "reply" then click on "go advanced" and scroll down to "additional options", there you will find "manage attachment". Click on that and another window opens showing all the different formats that one can import - I think you can than specify the file to upload to the message or forum. :)

Lars

Ouled Nails

I know that my dog, Malsom, doesn't mind contemporary music. He just lays at my feet in the evening and what I can observe from his body language is like :cool: . I don't know really if the cats enjoy it too because they don't appreciate his company. Their body language is more like :mad: . As for the couple of teenagers who hang around this house, who knows! Their body language is like :p :( :eek: :mad: :confused: :crazy: :eek: :grin:

Ouled Nails

By the way, I also play wolf music for my dog. It's a recording of Alaska wolves howling, barking and baby wolves crying. He likes that too. The cats don't. I wonder if there's a wild cat music recording out there. Maybe I should get them lion music. Perhaps not....

rojo

(Ret)
Heehee! Funny, ON and Christine. At Christmastime I saw a CD in the stores of cats 'singing' Christmas music... would that do?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Wolf music ... now theres a new one for me. I have heard barking dogs singing Christmas carols, but cats singing, too? Guess I'll be adding to my seasonal CD library next year :crazy:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Cat lovers will like this one: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM[/youtube] :grin:

Albert

Our current pet is an American Songster Canary, just 6 months old. He just loves it when I play the organ. I am a little miffed, though, because he sings even louder to the vacuum cleaner, the dishwasher, the furnace fan ....

Gary Blanchard

My wife and I have two cats, both females who have been to see the doctor. Gracie is mostly gray with white spots here and there. She seems slightly autistic; she will come and sit in your lap at times, but don't ever try to pick her up to make her do something. Lucinda, who is about 6 months younger than Gracie, is all black except for a few white hairs on her chest. She is a real lap cat, and loves to be around us. You could pick her up and carry her anywhere. Neither one likes the outdoors; they are house cats by choice (ours and theirs).

It is funny that the cats don't pay much attention to the television. But, the other week, I borrowed a Philip Glass documentary DVD to watch. Gracie sat there transfixed and watched the screen the whole time. She takes after me, I guess; a true Philip Glass fan. :)

Sybarite

As a friend says: 'Cats rock!'

My other half and I have three: Mack, who is 15.

Mackoncushion.jpg

His sister, Mabel (yes, they were named after the show) died three years ago. A few months later, Trickie joined our household from Battersea Dogs' Home (they take cats too).

Trickie-close.jpg

And then, two years ago last 5 November, we were joined by Boudicca – who tries to live up to her name.

Boudicca-close.jpg

rojo

(Ret)
Awww...

Hi Sybarite,

I notice all your critters are black and white. Any reason behind that? I used to have a black and white one also when I was growing up. He was a swell cat.

Sybarite

Awww...

Hi Sybarite,

I notice all your critters are black and white. Any reason behind that? I used to have a black and white one also when I was growing up. He was a swell cat.

They are cute, aren't they? :)

Pure coincidence about the colouring. Mack's sister was a grey tabby and, when we went to Battersea, we'd rather hoped that we'd find a marmalade coloured cat, but Trickie ensured that that was not the case.