dressagemad

marcia devenney

Hi there:
I am a dressage rider who is looking out for suitable classical music to help me build a dressage test to music for my horse. I need quite strongly marked tempi of 2/4 or 4/4 for the trot elements and 3/4 for canter sections.
Also music that has some dramatic moments or quieter periods is also fantastic. I have software to allow me to edit music and create the final product so to speak...
so I am hoping to find some interesting music on this site and if not, well at least it might point me in the right direction.
thank you and happy new year to everyone

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Hello and welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Marcia! :tiphat:

Well, there certainly are a lot of classical music fitting that description. I suggest you also post this question directly in the classical music forum in order to get the most replies.
Just on the top of my head I think maybe Prokofiev's march from "The Love For Three Oranges" could possibly be useful for your purpose (really just the first thing that came to my mind).

Looking forward to see you around - and happy new year to you too!
Kind regards,
Frederik

rojo

(Ret)
Hi there marcia :)

Do you mean possibly a march and a waltz?

Please do repost the question, and happy new year to you as well! :)

Taamir

Banned
To Marcia Devenney RE: Taamir

Hi, It's Ayrial Harburn here, the current owner of Marahi Taamir. We are desperately trying to contact you regarding Taamir. He is retiring and we wondered if you were interested in taking him back. Please email my mum at [email protected] for full information, or just to decline our offer. Looking forward to your reply,
Ayrial