Greetings!

Wunderhorn

Hello Everyone! Sorry for not introducing myself. I'm a true buffoon when it comes to 'Internet Manners', (computer are difficult to me). I am mostly interested in symphonies for the reason of its vast yet logical nature. It seems to me that it is cognitive to have movements of different speed and theme that compliment and merge with each other for a complete musical phenomena. I'm a fan of Wagner, Bruckner, and Mahler but also love in equal measure anyone how has mastered the art of composing. I love listening to lesser knowns like Ockeghem, Dittersdorf, Spohr, Bruch, Chausson, Draeseke, Furtwangler, Cherubini, Alkan etc....

Ouled Nails

Greetings! I have been following your daily music listening and do find that we have shared interests. I came to Mahler late, largely because of Shostakovich. It's an interesting fact that Shostakovich's interests "moved" from the more famous Russians (Prokofiev, Stravinsky) to Mahler and, as he said, the others were relegated into the background. Anyway! Mahler, whom I also find an extraordinary symphony composer, has opened my eyes to Bruckner. Hopefully, we can exchange more on these and other great symphonists in the near future.

rojo

(Ret)
Hello Wunderhorn :)

Glad you joined our community here! Have enjoyed your posts so far, and look forward to many more. :)

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Welcome! Do give the only symphony by Hans Rott a try (he was a fellow student of Mahler).

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Belated welcome, Wunderhorn! :tiphat:

No need to be sorry, it's great that you have become an active member and it's a pleasure reading your posts!

Have a great time here

Best regards,
Frederik