Macworld: Apple iPhone, etc.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I followed MacWorld via live reporting, and I must say the Apple iPhone looks like a great product! It's coming to Europe in time for Christmas this year, and I have a feeling the Apple iPhone will be my next mobile phone... :)

So, what do you think about this year's MacWorld and the iPhone (and Apple TV (also cool in my opinion), etc.)?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Pretty snazzy phone there in the making ... complete with iPod even ... TV, too? OMG!!
Is it somewhat normal for Europe to be on lagging loop for getting these things?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
When it comes to mobile phones, Europe was actually ahead of USA for several years and still is in some ways (3G is more widespread in Europe compared to the States for example). But I think this has something to do with Apple being an American company and having worked closely together with the phone company Cingular (AT&T) on this product. They need to make similar arrangements with European providers, but couldn't do effectively so ahead of the announcement because of extreme the secrecy surrounding this product. Also, Apple is new to this business (phones) so I suspect they have lot to learn. Not so much about the hardware and software (which I suspect will be great even in first generation) but in regard to the business itself.