My Chemical Romance

cessy

It is one of the well known pop / rock bands nowadays especially with their new hit “Black Parade” playing in the radio station. How do you find this band? Share your insights here.

cessy

Wow! How does it feel like to work with one of the parent of somebody so successful? Why are you not impressed, though? It seems that My Chemical Romance is so successful nowadays and you are the first person that thinks otherwise.

jessbuzz

Tour News 2007!

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE SETS OUT FOR SECOND LEG OF 2007 U.S. HEADLINING TOUR

Burbank, CA — Reprise Records' My Chemical Romance will launch the second leg of their extensive tour in support of their Number One Rock album, the RIAA gold-certified, The Black Parade. The second round of the U.S. arena tour, produced by Art Show - a national touring division of Goldenvoice - will kick off in Houston, TX at the Reliant Arena. Tickets went on sale Saturday, February 10, 2007 via Ticketmaster.

The Black Parade, an epic theatrical concept album about mortality, has been named “Album Of The Year” by Blender Magazine, stating “My Chemical Romance transcended the cliché…to craft a grandiose epic that just might make them the biggest band in the world." Rolling Stone says "The Black Parade is the best mid-Seventies record of 2006, a rabid, ingenious paraphrasing of echoes and kitsch from rock's golden age of bombast."

The week after its release, The Black Parade claimed the Number One spot on SoundScan's Rock, Alternative, Top Albums Retailers, Indy/Small Chain, Internet, and Digital Album Charts. It also shot to Number 2 on Billboard's Top 200 album chart, selling more than 240,000 copies its first week of release. The first single, "Welcome To The Black Parade," has enjoyed eight weeks at the top of the Alternative / Modern Rock Radio Charts in the U.S. and the singles chart for two consecutive weeks in the UK.

ArtsWom

I really enjoyed 'Black Parade' but feel as though they missed a trick with that one, if they'd have added some tubular bells and a chorus in the background they would have had a classic Xmas song!

I know a lot of my friends like the music, even if they don't really like the band. I think they try too hard to fit into a certain image which makes some of their songs difficult to enjoy. I have listened to bands for years who have similar music to MCR but perform more naturally and to better effect.

SecondBass

I'm of the 'Not overly-impressed' vein of opinion as well. When 'The Black Parade' came out I could see that it was incredibly commercial but it left me cold. I don't like the hype that has gone with them and I am always wary of a heavily marketed act. It doesn't mean that they are bad, I just think that there is better stuff out there.

Emo is a 1990's American comedian.