• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Cyberorganist

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
For several years I've owned the domain http://www.cyberorganist.com Currently it's just sitting idle, but I was thinking about changing that. What I had in mind was setting it up as an »organists blog«, but unfortunately I do not have the time to update it regularly myself (and a blog really needs to be updated often, at least once a week and preferably more). So, I thought I'd offer it to another organist - or organists - who'd like to keep up such a blog with interesting posts. You could write about just about any topic related to being an organist, organs and organ music, as well as personal topics - and sometimes other topics as well. It would be your blog.

So, if anyone is interested, I will set up the blog with wordpress and host it for free on this fast dedicated server and pay the expenses. Also, I will not place any ads on it, but instead let the writers place their own ads (I don't know yet how it would be done technically but I know it can be done).

So, what's in it for me?, you ask ;) Well, I would have only very few requirements, and those are that I would decide which sites will be linked to - outside the individual posts (where it's up to the writer). For example in the side-bar (also called "blog-roll"). And these sites would be this pipe organ forum, my personal blog, and the personal sites of the writers of the cyberorganist blog (that's you :)). Also, I would like at least one post on the blog to mention this pipe organ forum once in a while, and I would ask the writers not to link to any sites "competing" with this forum (whatever they may be). And that's it! Besides that, you would have total freedom, and if the blog became popular a chance for an extra income from ads. I would never make any money from the blog, but this forum would benefit from the links. A true symbiosis.

So, if anyone's interested please let me know. I would be willing to offer this blog to just one person, but then you would have to post to it constantly - at least twice a week. Else, a small "elite" group of writers could be a good idea, to keep it fresh.

Best regards,
Frederik

Simon Jansfort

Sounds like a great idea. Unfortunatly I can not take on such a big task. I'd love to help though, but I'm only 19, under education and doesn't know quite enough about organs yet to take it on by myself.

But the idea of an "elite group" sounds much better in my opinion. That way it will also be quite diverse things and opinions. This would make the type of information a lot more varied.

I'd like to post something like every second week, but then again I can't promise anything, so if I was a part of a group it could be fun and educational.

Let me know what you think!