What countries have you visited?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Of that list, which one was your favorite, apart from your own.

Italy (Rome, Vatican City, Assisi, Bologna)
Austria (Salzburg)
Hungary (Pecs, Budapest)

Favorite ... Italy

Kromme

US (Los Angeles,Miami,Orlando,Seattle,New York)
UK (London)
Germany (München)
Netherlands (Amsterdam)

Favorite...München.

FloraJill

Kerala - The old Trade center of Kerala

Kozhikode is one of the regular destinations that is of special interest for those with an inclination towards the cultural history of a place. For the people of Kozhikode, the pleasant stretch of rock studded beach is Kappakkadavu. To the tourist Kappad beach is one of the most charming of Kerala's beaches. Kappad finds mention in history and geography texts as the gateway to the Malabar coast. Here, 501 years ago, 170 men led by the Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama (1460-1524) sailed in and stepped into Kerala to create a new chapter in history.

It was the spices and wealth of Malabar that first brought the Arabs, the Phoenicans, the Greeks, the Romans, the Portuguese, the Dutch and the English to Kerala. Kozhikode was then the most important trade centre of the Malabar region. Today only a little stone monument is left at the Kappad beach to speak of its great historic importance.

On the rocks nearby is a temple believed to be 800 years old. To the tourist, however, this little sea faring town is a haven. The best route to Kappad is along the backwaters. Unspoilt and uncrowded, the picturesque backwaters of Kozhikode offer a bewitching experience. :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:

rojo

(Ret)
US (several cities and states)
England (London)
France (Paris)
Germany (Leipzig, Berlin, Hamburg...)
Portugal (Lisbon)
Spain (Barcelona, Madrid)
Scotland (I forget; I was five years old!)

They were all great!

Kaizen

Hmm well in the United States i have been to Florida and Georgia. I live in The Bahamas and have been to the islands of New Providence and Exuma. I have also been to Jamaica,Cayman Islands,Mexico,Key West and Belize. Hopefully in the near future i will add Japan,Italy,France and Canada to my list.

Debbie

I visited the city of Victoria on Vancover Island in British Columbia when I was a teenager. It was a fantastic place very vibrant but I havent been back since.
Disneyworld Paris in France was a great experience as well and the only other country I have visited is Spain both Lanzarote and Ibiza. Didn't think much of Lanzarote but Ibiza was magical.

Christine Callisen

Commodore of happiness and laughter
Rune, Ladies and gentlemen!!! I might have to talk to his parents and old teacher.... :confused:

Well I have been in Portugal (Lisbon), England (London), Tjekkiet (Pragh), Frankrig (Paris), Germany (Berlin), and of cause Norway and Sweden (which is NOT the capital of Denmark!:p ) .

Ny favorite was London and Lisbon:D

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey all

What about Denmark.... Really nice Country, why haven´t anyone been here???

My cousin lives in Copenhagen - lived there his whole life - I hope to get there in the next couple years for a visit. My Parents have been there as has my sister, so I guess it is my turn now :cool:

Simon Jansfort

I've been to:

England (London)
Holland (Netherlands) (Amsterdam and such)
Germany (all over the place)
France (paris)
Sweden (the coast)

Favorite ... London.

Yeah, I concur with Christine ... Denmark is a really nice country why don't anyone come visit? :)

Simon

Jeffrey Hall

The closest I have come to Denmark (or for that matter, anywhere else in Finland :p) is Davos, Switzerland -- I gave a talk at a conference there a few years ago. On a free afternoon I took one of the cable cars to a lodge at the summit of one of the ski lifts, and had lunch with the peaks of the Alps in every direction. What a great experience! I would love to see more of Europe and hope to visit again soon.

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Netherlands
Belgium
Luxemburg
France
Spain
Monaco
UK
Italy
Vatican
San Marino
Denmark
Germany
East Germany
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Austria
Hungary
Yugoslavia
Slovenia
Greece
Swaziland
South Africa
China (and Hong Kong)
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
Thailand
South Korea
Australia
New Zealand
Cook Islands
Canada
USA
Barbados
Saint Lucia
Grenada

not counting airports stop-overs in Fiji, Venezuela, Japan, Tahiti.

Favourite is New Zealand by far.

Simon Jansfort

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Monaco, UK, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Denmark, Germany, East Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Slovenia, Greece, Swaziland, South Africa, China (and Hong Kong), Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Cook, Islands, Canada, USA, Barbados, Saint Lucia, Grenada.

not counting airports stop-overs in Fiji, Venezuela, Japan, Tahiti.

Favourite is New Zealand by far.

I'd say you've been around! ... wow.

I envy you. I lack the money to travel, and my studies haven't gotten me so far yet. But I hope they will at some point.

Simon

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Well, I'll be 50 this year, so perhaps it is not a fair comparison....

Sybarite

Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Germany (Berlin)
France (Paris, Perpignan, Collioure)
Spain (Barcelona)
Ireland (Killala Bay)
South Africa (Kwa-Zulu Natal)
UAE (Dubai)

Favourite would be between Berlin (which I love), Amsterdam, Perpignan (back there for Easter) and Barcelona.

Worst was Killala Bay; boring beyond belief.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Sybarite,

Where or what is Killala Bay? I can't find much on the web - maybe that's because it is so boring :confused: :)