What's your hobby?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Some people read, make or repair things, etc. Besides your normal everyday occupation, and your what other things do you like to do as a hobby or to just relax?

I like to repair stuff around home, and tinker with cars with my son.

rojo

(Ret)
I used to love gardening, but I`ve been neglecting it over the past couple years...

Fave flowers? Carnation, hibiscus, and azalea, which unfortunately will not grow here all that well...

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, I guess you could say that being a webmaster is my hobby :) Some days it's more like a full time job (without the pay) ;) especially when there's technical or other problems of some sort... but seeing this community grow and develop is immensely rewarding.

Ouled Nails

Some people read, make or repair things, etc. Besides your normal everyday occupation, and your what other things do you like to do as a hobby or to just relax?

That's pretty much what I do too, except for the car tinkering. But, the house, oh yeah. It's a 1892 model (I know because of the old newspapers "remains" I found in-between walls, among other things (a baby shoe, an old screwdriver, etc) and one of my first tasks, more than twenty years ago, was to completely rewire it. I'm still working every summer on removing old plaster, and rebuilding walls, ceilings, floors. I am no expert, not by a thousand miles; just trying to safe money and, in the process, to ... exercise ;)

Cobalt

All-things web related are my hobby as well as my work. I am fortunate that I can juggle both without losing interest, though I must admit it can be mightily frustrating when servers or code isn't behaving as it should do!

Other than that, music is my real passion - If I was stuck on a desert island and had the choice, I'd take my guitar rather than my PC ;) I also enjoy photography, cricket, film and catching a beer or meal with family and friends.

I've always fancied getting into DIY and property development, but unfortunately I haven't got the money to do anything really so that'd have to be a career move rather than a hobby :)

Albert

I like Nature Photography

My other major hobby is photography of natural things. I have a Pentax system of three camera bodies and six lenses plus assorted other goodies. Living in the Canadian Rockies, as we do, we have ample opportunity to take our small trailer to terrific parks and nature places.

We also hike, and I "own" a Yahoo group: sparwood-hiking-club which makes email notification ever so much simpler. When I hike, I have at least one of the cameras and two or three lenses with me. It's good for the figure - I sacrifice lunch weight in favour of cameras, tripod and film :cool: