Desert Island Discs...

Cobalt

I'm sure this has probably been done at some point, though I haven't been able to find an instance round the boards so here goes.

I am sure that most of you know the drill - If you were stranded on a desert island and could take one album with you (and presumably something to play it on!), what would it be? Don't feel confined to a single genre, I'm keen to see how many of you choose a classical work and how many, like me, would perhaps take something a little different.

To get the ball rolling, I would take the Derek and the Dominoes album, Layla and other Assorted Love Songs. Why? Quite simply, this is the album that started my real interest in music. Every track contains feeling and passion, real emotion that can be heard with every note and lyric. After I heard this album, I took up guitar and started my exploration into music and its roots - something I am very glad I did.

So, what album would you take and why?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Classical - Concerto in G minor for Organ, String Orchestra & Timpani
composed by Francis Poulenc in 1938 - Performed by Orchestre National de l'O.R.T.F., Georges Pretre conducting - Maurice Durufle, Organ.

This piece, to me, is an illustration of my personal life - the birth and beginnings, the mysterious struggles of life, moments of serenity, then life ends after a brief struggle. Of course, I am amidst the 'moments of serenity' now and enjoying all of it.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Single album ... I'll take my "Bach Edition" as it contains 155 CDs (basically all his music) and that'll keep me busy for many months.

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Just one CD - in the end probably Mahlers song cycles with Dietrich Fischer Dieskau.