What board and/or computer games do you like to play?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
These are games played at home, usually indoors either alone or with a group of people.

I'll start:

Board Games: Chess, Scrabble, Pinochle

Computer Games: Crossword puzzles, Slingo

Jeffrey Hall

Board games: Above all -- Go and Chess. My family and I have also greatly enjoyed the Catan series, and in general I find the "German" games thoroughly enjoyable.

Computer games: Civilization and Sim City. I am looking forward to the upcoming release of Spore.

Albert

These are games played at home, usually indoors either alone or with a group of people.

I'll start:

Board Games: Chess, Scrabble, Pinochle

Computer Games: Crossword puzzles, Slingo

At home I play Gin Rummy and Cribbage with my wife. We both play computer card games.

JLS

My family and I have also greatly enjoyed the Catan series, and in general I find the "German" games thoroughly enjoyable.

Settlers of Catan is a great game. :cool: ...and Spore looks amazing. I'm also waiting on Bioshock.

I come from a family of gamers so I grew up playing a lot of them. Especially card games. I'm an avid poker player. My grandmother started teaching me poker as a child and I've been playing ever since. I also love chess, though poker always comes first.

Another genre of games that I like is collectible card games. Magic: The Gathering, Legend of the Five Rings, and Battletech are three of my favorites.

As for video games, Alpha Centauri, Planescape: Torment, System Shock 2, Starcraft, and The Longest Journey probably round out my top five.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
;)
. . . . . Magic: The Gathering . . . . .

My son tried to teach that one to me - I could never get the hang of it ... still have my set of cards, though. So we settled on Chess, a game which my father had taught me in my youth years.

JLS

It is pretty complex compared to most board games. If you ever decide to try again, just treat it as if you're playing an open tactical game of chess. There are a lot of similarities.

BTW...I tried to teach my dad, too. It wouldn't click for him, either. I ended up telling him what to do the entire game.:grin:

Ouled Nails

My wife and I used to play a tremendous amount of cribbage games. I guess we burnt out and we now mostly play Yatzee. It's good for brain activity because we calculate our individual and series game scores mentally.

rojo

(Ret)
Love Yahtzee. Haven`t played in ages. Also-

The video game Burgertime
Crosswords, but not on the pc
Rummy, and card games generally
Is Ping Pong a game, or a sport?
Used to play the video game Galaga.
Does watching Jeopardy and answering the questions count as a game?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Ping Pong can be either ... I've seen it as a professional sport, but akin it more to a game if anything - at least it can be played at home in the basement or garage.

Crosswords - right on - the paper bound ones ... I keep a handy supply in the reading room at home :crazy:

Anyone tried "Pictionary" in a group setting? It can be both frustrating and funny all at the same time.