Bassoonist here. (as if my name doesn't tell you that.)

Bassoonist

Hello, I'm new to these forums obviously.

I came here because this forum seems rather intelligent and not so sarcastic like other forums I've gone to, and maybe I can learn more about music... which I need to do some studying up on. :p

I'm starting at a community college for my first two years, but I'm now registered as a Music Major. I'm pretty excited. Then I can go to university in two years or so.

I'm really obsessed with music... and as I've already said I play the bassoon. I'm kind of a newbie with it, but I'm taking it very seriously as I love it, and I've found it to be my favorite thing to do now. (passion?:p) I'm taking lessons, and have a Fox Renard 222 with the High D Key. Of course only a bassoonist would understand that. I know it's not the best bassoon in the world, but it is a bassoon, and I'm so happy to have my own. I thought I'd just say what kind of bassoon I have because maybe I'm not the only one here.

Okay, I've made a really long introduction... I'm sorry. XD

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Bassoonist :tiphat:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums :). We appreciate your nice opinion regarding this forum - It is a friendly place, one of the best I've ever been associated with.

I always have admired those people that can master a double reed instrument, and delighted to learn about you really taking this seriously as a music major.

Don't worry about being wordy ... your nicely written introduction really helps the rest of this community get to know you better.

Again, welcome aboard :wave:

KH

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Bassoonist! :tiphat:

Don't be sorry for a long introduction, on the contrary, it's great to read about your musical life! I hope you will find this forum enjoyable and become an active member :)

Best regards,
Frederik