Hi from Iceland

falcon1

Hi all,

I have been a lurker for some time now but decided to formally join in today. :)

I'm an organist and music teacher in a little village on the eastcoast of Iceland and like it very much though the plan is to move to the capital this summer. It has been valuable experience being organist and music teacher in such a small village (about 700 people).
Now like that wouldn't be enough, I'm also a composer and thinking about going abroad to get masters degree in that field but that is still undecided. :)

I've always loved the organ and it would be quite possible to say that I loved it even before I was born hehee... however I took some de-tours along the way, started on recorders then on cornet and then finally at age of 13 started to learn to play on the organ in the Icelandic Music School of National Church and have been playing since. Finished my cantor degree 3 years ago.

Looking forward to taking part in this forum.

Thanks!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello :wave: falcon1,

Welcome to MIMF!! Very impressed with what you have done in your music career to date and pleased to know that you have a desire to continue your education.

We are happy to have you aboard as a participating member in our forums. :cheers:

Musically,
KH

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A much belated welcome to you falcon! :tiphat:

I'm glad you decided to take part in out community and that you have become an active member! :)

Best regards,
Frederik