Hello from the UK!!

eden

Hey Im really pleased to have found this forum at last!! I have recently begun studies in music for the OU and I am really interested in other people's opinions on classical music I am "stuck" in my own head and thoughts at the moment and have absolutely no feedback aargh! so I have loads of questions for you all which I hope you will like to give me your opinion on, please:D. The first question I have for you guys is about is Mozarts Piano Sonata in C minor.. I am analysing an analytical graph of bars 83-101 (please bear in mind that I am not looking for someone to write an assignment I simply wish to discuss peoples views and not just read it in a book!) one part of the question I am answering is to study the connections between notes and chords in relation to Mozarts use of harmony...do you have any thoughts?

rojo

(Ret)
Hello eden :)

Welcome!

Hmm, well Mozart`s harmony is relatively straightforward, I think; scale passages, passing tones, phrases ending in V-I, I-V, not many wild key changes etc. I would need to see the score to get the exact picture, and I don`t think I have that one. Sorry I`m not more help. Is there any way you could post the score?

Hope you get answers to your questions, and that you have fun here! :grin:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello :wave: Eden ...

Welcome to MIMF ... For those who need to look at the score of k. 457, there is a public domain source version you can download by clicking here . It's in pdf format, and quite readable.

I hope your time with us here is always enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing more discussion on this thread.

Kh

eden

Hello :wave: Eden ...

Welcome to MIMF ... For those who need to look at the score of k. 457, there is a public domain source version you can download by clicking here . It's in pdf format, and quite readable.

I hope your time with us here is always enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing more discussion on this thread.

Kh
Thanks for welcoming me to the site I had a look round at some of the things people were discussing made me :grin:

eden

Hello eden :)

Welcome!

Hmm, well Mozart`s harmony is relatively straightforward, I think; scale passages, passing tones, phrases ending in V-I, I-V, not many wild key changes etc. I would need to see the score to get the exact picture, and I don`t think I have that one. Sorry I`m not more help. Is there any way you could post the score?

Hope you get answers to your questions, and that you have fun here! :grin:
I completely agree! and thanks for your reply! ...the frustrating thing is I have to identify the appropriateness of these bars in the movement as a whole and suggest what functions the harmony of a passage in this position have to fulfill but without anyone to discuss it with I just keep falling out with myself:crazy:

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Please forgive the belated welcome, eden! :tiphat:

Glad to have you aboard, I hope you will indeed find this site a nice (and helpful) place to be! :)

best regards,
Frederik