introduction

jamcul

Hi!

Glad to find this group. My interest in classical music was sparked by my father, who religiously listened on Saturday afternoon's to the Metropolitan Opera. I was also fortunate in being in cities with
major orchestras-New York, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

Holding dual (Canadian, US) citizenship is the best of two worlds, music-wise; I get to hear a wide variety of music. :clap:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello :wave: Jamcul

We're glad to have you aboard this forum. My interest in classical music was also induced by the daily morning broadcast of Coffee Cup Concert program on a local FM station as a youth. Must have been great to have those major orchestras at hand where you lived.

Hope you will enjoy your time here on MIMF.

Kh

jamcul

Hello :wave: Jamcul

We're glad to have you aboard this forum. My interest in classical music was also induced by the daily morning broadcast of Coffee Cup Concert program on a local FM station as a youth. Must have been great to have those major orchestras at hand where you lived.

Hope you will enjoy your time here on MIMF.

Kh
Yes, I was lucky. One of the reasons I'm pleased to have found you is the recent changes in CBC FM, Studio 2 which, to myself and many others, is a gutting of their fine "line-up."

I will tell the other "malcontents" about your site.
The best.
jamcul (Jim)

jamcul

I go way back (to the era of such giants as Toscanini, Stowkosky, Reiner, Scholtz-spellings not guaranteed.

Performances of note:

Reiner- Pittsburgh Symphony-Handel's Messiah
Stowkovsky-New York Philamonic-Bethoven, 6th
Szell-Cleveland Orchestra-Copeland, Appalachian Suite
Toscanini-?Guest Conductor-NYPhilamonic-Brahms-4th

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A belated welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Jim! :tiphat:

Glad to have you aboard! I do hope you will find this forum a good place to be and talk about all aspects of classical music (well, all kinds of music indeed).

Best regards,
Frederik