Does anyone like the Arctic Monkeys?

Museo

I like Sheffield-based band, the Arctic Monkeys as they are full of energy and their lyrics tell a story. Their second album is due to be released on 24 April.

My favourite songs are "I bet you look good on the dance floor" and "When the sun goes down". Does anyone else like this indie band?

SecondBass

I liked "Perhaps Vampires is a bit Strong". I like "Brainstorm" as well and I will be picking up the new album the day that it gets out. I think that they are one of the most exciting bands of the last few years. They writes good songs and it's sung with that laconic South Yorkshire accent - good stuff.

Leigh

Being very honest but I just worry that they are being placed up high on a pedestal way too early in their career. Sure their singles and album have become very popular but they have very limited works to base an opinion on really. I guess they all start somewhere and these have made an impression but how good they actually are I think will take a little while yet to make a decision upon.

SecondBass

I understand what you mean, Leigh, but the freshness is what is so good about them at the moment. When they have a larger body of work behind them then we can what they have for the long term. However, for the time-being they are an excellent young band with a fabulous lyricist and charismatic front man. What more do you want from a bunch of 20 year olds?

lastmanstandingww

They are a talented lot, but the hype sort of goes against them. Heard them for the first time last year and expected them to be really cutting edge...felt a little shortchanged.:p

NEB

Thing is, they are totally cutting edge. Not necessarily because of their music although I can't say that I've heard lots of it, But especially because of the way they have grown up via the internet...

Created a new model...