What about a navigation bar for MMIF?

Andrew Roussak

Hi dear MMIF members,

although I think this is merely a question to Frederik or to the web designer of this site, nevertheless I hope there might be some other members interested -

I 've just come to the idea of placing a banner of MMIF on the welcome-page of my personal site. Just placing a link would be nothing special; I thought more about an attractive ( possibly animated ) banner. It could be a navigation bar ( as used in the WebRings.com ) as well - so that the participating websites would be organised in a ring structure, which one could navigate moving from one site to the next one ( the personal sites of MMIF members, who may want to participate ) with the main site MMIF as a ring hub.

I am not a web designer myself - so that I can only generate ideas and can not create the HTML-code.:cry:

If there is anybody who would do it , then I believe that:

-the banner ( navbar ) must be featured in the same colour/design scheme as the main MMIF page;
-it must be if possible animated;
-must of course look similar on all participating sites;
-must be downloadable as a HTML-code for everyone who may want to use it.

As already mentioned, I find the ring structure more interesting as a simple banner ,because it is more effective and is smth. special ( as well as MMIF ).

So - what do you think of it??

Best regards
Andrew

www.andrew-roussak.com

Jeffrey Hall

Hi Andrew,

Well, I just answered another thread that had been sitting around for three weeks with no replies, so I guess I'll jump in here, too. :)

While I have never used a Webring, I have done quite a bit of Web programming, both HTML as well as more dynamic stuff like PHP and Java. I don't have a links page on my site yet, but I've been considering adding one, and I'd certainly be pleased to have a link to your site and your fine work (I was just listening to your WTC arrangement again last night).

So, I could certainly try to help implement something like you suggest, but it would be Frederik's call as to whether it was OK.

One disagreement: I would avoid animations. I find them distracting and just basically clutter.

I won't look into this or do anything unless Frederk gives a green light, but at the very least, we could encourage MIMF users to cross link sites if they have them.

Andrew Roussak

Hi Jeffrey,

While I have never used a Webring, I have done quite a bit of Web programming, both HTML as well as more dynamic stuff like PHP and Java. I don't have a links page on my site yet, but I've been considering adding one, and I'd certainly be pleased to have a link to your site and your fine work (I was just listening to your WTC arrangement again last night).

special thanks for that !!!!

I am listening RIGHT NOW to BWV 582 - just enjoying it...

Okay, my idea was just to help to:

Please help spreading the word about this forum to:
• Friends and acquaintances
• Family
• Colleagues
• People from other boards you frequent
• Any other people you think possibly would like to join this forum

( the thread of Frederik in Area 51 )

The cross-linking of our sites or a ring structure would be the easiest way to do that. It looks attractive and it works! Just placing a link is no problem, but it is nothing special, everybody does it; this forum deserves a bit more, I guess - but , surely, it must be Frederik who decides.

http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb068_ZS