New organ player aboard

mirjam

Hi everybody! I am a dutch girl living in Denmark, and I am reeeaaally looking forward to starting my church music study at the conservatory in Copenhagen in August! In my sparetime I lead a childrens choir. My question to Frederik: what do you usually do at days, where there just is no inspiration for composing? (or don't you know that problem?? 'Cause I do... hope you have some suggestions.)
whistling2.gif

And my other big question is: why on earth does Danish Radio hardly ever broadcast any decent organ music??? Is it because they are culture barbarians?
box2.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Hi mirjam and welcome to MIMF.dk! Hope to see around here a lot
smile.gif

Well, those are two big questions....

the first: what do I do when there is no inspiration, and have I ever experienced that?...
- ooooh, I sure have. Well, there's not much to do other than the age old advices; "hit your head in to a wall", "weep", "get drunk"...I've tried them all, strangely they tend not to work...ahem...
wink.gif
You just have to face that some days are like that. I have no advice, sorry, but hopefully I can be a small consolidation that you are not alone.

the second: Are the Danish Radio cultural barbarians?....
- When it comes to organ music the answer is.... on second thought, I don't think I wish to answer that particular question....
grin.gif