What's your favorite season of the year?

Favorite Season of the Year

• Summer

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Fall

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Winter

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Spring

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Here's a fun poll question ... Once you select an answer, tell us why you picked a particular season.
You are permitted to select multiple seasons in this poll before voting.

Last edited:

rojo

(Ret)
I`m glad you allowed multiple choice, Kh; I like spring and fall. Summer`s too hot and winter`s too cold! Truth be told though, I do like having all four seasons...

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
There's no such thing as too hot.

Try living four years in Singapore before you say that....

I voted spring by the way. The flowers, the first sunny days you can sit outside.... god, I missed thes seasons when we were in Singapore.

zlya

I spent a year in Mozambique, and loved every second of it. Even the mosquitoes were worth it for that blissful heat. I especially loved those hot humid days when it felt like the whole world was your bathtub. Maybe I'd have tired of it after four years, but I doubt it.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Try living four years in Singapore before you say that....god, I missed thes seasons when we were in Singapore.

Not having been a world traveler, what was the weather like in Singapore? I live in Southern Arizona (today it is 102 F) ... we have two seasons here: Summer & Summer :grin:

Jeffrey Hall

Summer! I love hot weather, though I do like having the seasons that northern Arizona has to offer.

I believe the forecast in Singapore is always "muggy and warm." Isn't it basically 90 F and soggy the entire year? I too would miss seasons living there.

Having grown up in the humid eastern US, I greatly enjoy Arizona's dry climate. To my mind, the closest to paradise on Earth one can get is one of those 75-80 F shoulder season evenings in Tucson, when your body is in perfect equilibrium with the air -- you can't even feel it. Delicious. :)

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Singapore has the same weather every single day of the year: 30-33 deg.C, occasional (heavy) showers, and close to 100% humidity. If the max temp drops to 29 deg.C (once a year or so), the locals say it is cold and start wearing sweaters. Really.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Summer! . . . To my mind, the closest to paradise on Earth one can get is one of those 75-80 F shoulder season evenings in Tucson, when your body is in perfect equilibrium with the air -- you can't even feel it. Delicious. :)

That's true, Jeff ... those summer evenings at DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center in Reid Park, listening to the Tucson Pops concerts are absolutely delightful.

Singapore has the same weather every single day of the year: 30-33 deg.C, occasional (heavy) showers, and close to 100% humidity. If the max temp drops to 29 deg.C (once a year or so), the locals say it is cold and start wearing sweaters. Really.

Thanks for the info, Art Rock ...
I had a friend who returned from the Vietnam conflict (late 60's). He had to wear a heavy cardigan sweater in the summer months here while the rest of us were profusely sweating.

ses

My God could be RA, I love SUN, SUN, SUN. But there many good things with all seasons.
Winter: Cold and Dark, but sitting inside and read or listening to music or creating good food and drinking a little heavy Amarone and then there is my lovely wife. Life is good all the year.

AeroScore

Not having been a world traveler, what was the weather like in Singapore? I live in Southern Arizona (today it is 102 F) ... we have two seasons here: Summer & Summer :grin:

It seems there are two seasons everywhere I have lived, too! Here in the South Bay Area of California, we have summer, and the other season where it rains a bit more.:rolleyes:

This beats Chicago, however, where the natives all say they also have only two seasons: "Winter" and "Road Construction!":crazy:

Dean

PS: I vote "Spring", BTW:cool:

Mobi

I go for winter because I really cant go snowboarding on any other season :)
But I kinda like all of them if it doesnt get too hot, Im more used to under 20C temperatures and I dont like to get all sweaty when just sitting inside playing my guitar :D

Minnie

Banned
I voted for FALL.

Actually I love all seasons and I'm happy that we have all 4 around here. But I like the way people tend to be vigorous after a long holiday in summer. It's also great to sit on the window and watch how it rains... and most of all I love those huge colourful umbrellas people carry:)

toejamfootball

How would you compare a summer day in Arizona to one in Michigan?

Would you rather be in 110 degree temps with 9% humidity or a 90 temp with 90% humidity?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I've been to Michigan in the summer ... wasn't the state bird a mosquito? :grin:

Soon enough, Southern Arizona will be in "monsoon season". Most every day, when the temps are 110 and 9% humidity, the absolutely wicked storms move in (lightening and thunder like it's the end of the world) and it literally pours pounding rain (still with the light and sound show) for several hours, at which the temp drops to 76 degrees. After a couple hours, the clouds clear, and the temp zooms within minutes back up to 110 with humidity to match ... at that point, we are much dryer in the shower with the water running :nut:

At that point, I would rather be in Michigan ... :crazy:

toejamfootball

Is the weather in Phoenix the same as Tuscon? That sounds pretty bad. Still if Arizona has more jobs and the cost of living is cheaper I'm there. :grin:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Phoenix is, on average, between 6 & 8 degrees hotter. There is also an elevation difference as Tucson is ~ 2,675 feet above sea level, whereas, Phoenix is ~ 1100 ft.

You'll save maybe 8 to 10 cents a gallon for gas in AZ over avg prices in MI - Jobs seem pretty plentiful, depending on the various industries ... do you have a specific catagory of job that you will be looking for once you arrive in AZ?

toejamfootball

No not currently, My brother works in Heating and Cooling and makes good money.. but I have mild Cerebral Palsy and am not one for physical labor. The only thing I want to do in my life is play music, but seeing as how I probably wont get paid for it, I am trying to find a good field I am interested in.

Are there certain "Hot Jobs" In Arizona right now? I wouldnt mind doing something in computers.