Sr. Regulator
Dream Theater
Pain of Salvation
Nightwish
Gathering
Angra

and many more....

sillysurfer

A new band called Pathosray,think they are Italian.Like a more power metal version of Dream Theater.Incredible melodic songs,great passionate vocals,sort of like a cross between Labrie and Ralf Scheepers from Primal fear.Can't stop listening to the album!!

almauro

If find alot of great prog. in metal, but if your not acclimated to extreme/heavy metal, it may take several attempts before the greatness of these releases begin to sink in. Enjoy!

Pig Destroyer - Terrifier
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Messhuga - Destroy Erase Emprove
Nile - In There Darkened Shrine
Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Shadowmac

Many of the bands I saw listed are not prog bands...

I submit these:
SHADOW GALLERY
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
DALI'S DILEMMA (this is a must!)
PAGAN'S MIND
SAGA (more rock than metal but very good)
and of course DREAM THEATER

Luminosity

Meshuggah
Porcupine Tree
Opeth
Periphery
Vildhjarta
Tesseract
Exivious (sort of)
Cynic
Gordian Knot
Scarve

And the list goes on and on...

atwarwithself

Hey all -- former Gordian Knot guitarist Glenn Snelwar. This looks like an old thread, but thought I'd put this out since Gordian Knot was mentioned in this thread.
I thought you all might be interested in the new disc. It's called Circadian Rhythm Disorder, and it's written entirely to a 51-minute drum track Marco Minnemann had recorded in one take (his 'Normalizer 2' project). The entire 51 minutes is intended to be played without any breaks in between the tracks. Despite it being a drum 'solo', I tried to compose a cohesive set of tracks that follow the premise of the 'At War With Self' project - multiple styles, instrumentation and moods across the span of the tracks. The disc is available on cdbaby, iTunes and amazon. It's also up on Soundcloud to stream in it's entirety if you want to take a listen (and, on lastFM soon...)
https://soundcloud.com/glenn-snelwar/circadian-rhythm-disorder More info on this At War With Self disc and other releases available at my site www.glennsnelwar.com Thanks! Glenn

atwarwithself

Hey all -- former Gordian Knot guitarist Glenn Snelwar. This looks like an old thread, but thought I'd put this out since Gordian Knot was mentioned in this thread.
I thought you all might be interested in the new disc. It's called Circadian Rhythm Disorder, and it's written entirely to a 51-minute drum track Marco Minnemann had recorded in one take (his 'Normalizer 2' project). The entire 51 minutes is intended to be played without any breaks in between the tracks. Despite it being a drum 'solo', I tried to compose a cohesive set of tracks that follow the premise of the 'At War With Self' project - multiple styles, instrumentation and moods across the span of the tracks. The disc is available on cdbaby, iTunes and amazon. It's also up on Soundcloud to stream in it's entirety if you want to take a listen (and, on lastFM soon...)
https://soundcloud.com/glenn-snelwar...hythm-disorder More info on this At War With Self disc and other releases available at my site www.glennsnelwar.com Thanks! Glenn