"Dance Improvisation for Pipe Organ" (free mp3 download)

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
\"Dance Improvisation for Pipe Organ\" (free mp3 download)

Here is an improvisation I composed on the Grand Pipe Organ (116 ranks, 4 manuals) in the Danish Radio Concert Hall on June 17th, 2000 for the CD "Light on your path" (Danish title: "Lys på din vej"), where it's found as track No. 5.

Click on the "Attachment"-link above to download the MP3 (6.2 MB)

The piece is called "Dance of the Planets" (Danish: Klodernes Dans) on the CD, but I'm planning on writing another piece, using the themes, which will then have a different title. For now it's a completely "free" unprepared-for improvisation and it has a few rough ends, but overall it holds water - in my opinion.
smile.gif

Specifications of the pipe organ:

84 voices, 116 ranks, approx. 6260 pipes, 4 manuals.
Compass: manuals C-a3, pedal C-g'
Action: electro-pneumatic

Grete Willer

Re: \"Dance Improvisation for Pipe Organ\" (free mp3 download)

Hej igen!
Det er smadder-kært af dig, at du lader os downloade så mange af dine kompositioner. "Klodernes dans" har vi jo på CD'en "Lys". Svend Bilde var gladest for nr. 9:"Forårssol". I sin tid, da vi startede med at "dyrke" dig, sendte Svend et bånd til mig med "et dansende orgel", som skulle befinde sig et sted i Jylland! Nu vil jeg finde det frem, og høre både det og dine orgelfantasier igen. Inspiration fra dig!
Godnat for i aften
snore.gif
snore.gif
Grete
smash.gif
smash.gif

Robert Bell

Really enjoyed your Planet Dance. Have you completed the piece you were going to write based on the themes? Would like a copy when available.

Kind Regards
Bob Bell

Robert Bell

I'm giving a concert on an 87 stop 4 manual Copeman Hart in Newcastle upon Tyne on 18 April. I am playing (light) music from around the world and for the second half I will be accompanying a Buster Keaton film "The General". looking forward to it.

wljmrbill

enjoyed the upbeat piece,, make a festive recessionial too. Well done as usual for you..Take Care my friend

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A belated thank you to all who have commented here. Still not finished writing this down - had to be postponed because of my work on the Cantabile suite - but I will get to it :)