Flickr

Sybarite

Anyone else got a Flickr site?

Mine is here

As a taster, here's a candid shot of a hotel porter, taken this lunchtime in Russell Square, London, as he waited to hail a cab.

543950872_9ea86c76e5_o.jpg

Windows on Clink Street, on the South Bank, London.

540969758_53be188c04_o.jpg

'The Gherkin' (actually Swiss Re at St Mary Axe, London) by Sir Norman Foster – so this contribution doubles as photography and architecture. ;) It's a beautiful building – incredibly elegant (and enviornmentally very good too). Mind, I'm a fan of Foster's work – I think that he's an amazing architect.

540953538_d658b9d574_o.jpg

Last edited:

rojo

(Ret)
Excellent stuff. :up:

Look how shiny the porter`s shoe is!
And 'The Gherkin' pic is neat; old against new. Bet it caused quite a stir...

Well done, Sybarite. :clap:

Sybarite

Many thanks, Rojo.

Art Rock – some crackers here and on your Flickr. And I love the cutlery. Such an unobvious subject for a picture, but it works so well – and the clocks for sale; great stuff.

rojo

(Ret)
Wow, we`ve got some talented photographers here! I agree with Sybarite; excellent photos there, Art Rock. :up::clap:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Nice pics, Art Rock ...
Sybarite, can you share some info about the Ghirkin structure? Is it a business tower or just residences?

My flickr site here, still in its infancy, but it will grow in time.

Last edited:

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Thanks for the comments!

Uh, Krummhorn... in its infancy?

Cromorne doesn't have any photos available to you.

Sybarite

Nice pics, Art Rock ...
Sybarite, can you share some info about the Ghirkin structure? Is it a business tower or just residences?

Hi Krummhorn. It's an office block. According to the Foster and Partner website: "30 St Mary Axe, Swiss Re HQ, London UK, 1997-2004

London's first ecological tall building and an instantly recognisable addition to the city's skyline, 30 St Mary Axe is rooted in a radical approach – technically, architecturally, socially and spatially. Generated by a radial plan, its energy-conscious enclosure resolves walls and roof into a continuous triangulated skin, allowing column-free floor space, light and views."

I live quite near to it and have loved it since it was built.

Here's another one:

533591387_1b62b5e10f_o.jpg

My flickr site here, still in its infancy, but it will grow in time.

:)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thanks for the comments!

Uh, Krummhorn... in its infancy?

Cromorne doesn't have any photos available to you.

Art Rock (et al)
Oops :eek: :eek: Sorry about that :banghead: Forgot about the permissions thing - should work now. :crazy:

Here's my flickr link again :cheers:

Last edited: