Hello!

mahlerian

Hi, I am mahlerian (or mahlerfan, on most other sites), a fan of Mahler's music, as you can see. I first got interested in classical music about two or three years ago, and this is my third year playing the French Horn. This is my second year composing, though my beginning pieces were terrible. I am getting better, however. I have never actually received any private instruction or teaching on the subject of composition, and up till now I have just written what "sounds good" to my ear. Now I am beginning to get interested much more in composing, and am starting to research music sites and books that teach about things such as musical structure, harmony, and melody, etc. Composing for me has become a very large part of my life, and I would love to pursue it as a career. As I said earlier this is my third year playing Horn. It is my favorite instrument of the orchestra, though that is hard for me to say since I have great respect for all instruments, especially the strings section. Anyways, I just wanted to drop by and say hello!
smile.gif

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello, mahlerian :cheers:

Welcome to Magle Int'l Music Forums. We're glad to have you here in this community, too.