Home A/V Systems

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
While some home a/v systems are fairly elaborate, others are simple one piece systems. What do you use for listening or playing music at home?

Progger58

For listening to music I use:

Amp: Audiolab 8000S integrated amplifier

8000s.jpg

Speakers: B&W DM603-S3

M00407381_big.jpg

CD player: Sony CDP-M33 (no photo available).

For Home Theater I also have, integrated with the system above:

A/V Processor: Rotel RSP-1066

rsp-1066.jpg

Multi-channel amplifier: Rotel RB-976

rb976.jpg

Additional speakers: B&W (center channel) and Paradigm (surrounds).

DVD player: Pioneer DV-535 (no photo available)

Cheers,
Demetrio.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Nice component list, Demetrio ... very complete.

My system consists of
  • Sony STR-DE725 Receiver/amp
  • Technics SL-PD887 5 Disk CD Changer
  • Pair of KLH 9154 Speaker systems (20 - 20kHz)
  • Aiwa PX-E86OU Single Play LP Turntable
Naturally, being a serious audiophile, I've got the TV, DVD & VHS feeding into the reciever so that we can enjoy enhanced sound for TV, movies, etc.

The KLH's have a 15" polymer as the foundation along with a 5.25" Dynamic mid-range, 3" liquid cooled Kapton & a 7/8" liquid cooled Dome tweeter for the highs.

Progger58

My system consists of
  • Sony STR-DE725 Receiver/amp
  • Technics SL-PD887 5 Disk CD Changer
  • Pair of KLH 9154 Speaker systems (20 - 20kHz)
  • Aiwa PX-E86OU Single Play LP Turntable
Hi, Krummhorn, congratulations for the very nice set you have. :up: :tiphat:

Kind regards,
Demetrio.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
My Dad had a B&O setup ... it went to my sister when he passed on ... she still has it and everything still works. Excellent workmanship but a rather hefty price.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Krummiest ... yep, it's expensive. But that's a given when you're purchasing luxury items from the first world remember. When I was in Copenhagen, I entered their main store on Kongens Nytorv, then exited again rapidly.

Dorsetmike

Finally found a Technics receiver SA-EX100 and CD player SL-PS770R to add to the SL-DL1 turntable and RS-M215 cassette deck, playing through a pair of KEF speakers. Hooked up the spare PC via the VCR in/out sockets, Last.FM now sounds so much better :cool: :rolleyes:.

Probably a better line up than that rarely used in the lounge, Pioneer Receiver, Garrard deck and a CD player.

I can now hopefully get on with transferring some of my Vynil LP collection onto CD and try to edit out any minor cracks and pops before they get any worse.

I've also got remote controls for the set up, so no breaking my neck falling across the room to reduce volume when the phone goes.:eek:

Last edited: