Hi, I am Susanne

susangio

:rolleyes: Hi, I'm new in more ways than one! Sorry if I goof up using the Forum. Never did one of these before. Might as well start at the top, huh? :p I am totally awed by your music Mr. Magle. I love the space it puts me in. I hope your creativity continues to feed your spirit as well as ours. We need such beauty in the world. Susanne from Eugene, Oregon, USA.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello Susanne :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums :tiphat: . Not to worry, there isn't a 'goof' that we can't collectively fix - the staff is here to help you enjoy your experience in this forum, too. Indeed, the works of Frederik Magle are absolutely awesome - I keep playing them over and over again, myself.

rojo

(Ret)
Hi Susanne :)

We need such beauty in the world.
I think I said exactly the same thing in another thread about Frederik`s music...

Do you get much classical music in Eugene?

susangio

Introduce Yourself

Hi Susanne :)

I think I said exactly the same thing in another thread about Frederik`s music...

Do you get much classical music in Eugene?
Hello Rojo and others, Nice of you to ask :)...yes! although Eugene is "small"--about 150,000, the city has a music center called "The Hult Center" which does bring big names to town all the time! However it does not have a pipe organ. There are at least two churches in the area with a Brombaugh tracker organ and during the annual Oregon Bach Festival these churches treat the citizens to free lunchtime organ concerts. At the University of Oregon where I work, the Music School has a well-traveled organist/performer named Barbara Baird. I just sent her and two other directors at UO a request to perform something of Frederik's music. We'll see what happens!

susangio

Introduce Yourself

Hello Susanne :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums :tiphat: . Not to worry, there isn't a 'goof' that we can't collectively fix - the staff is here to help you enjoy your experience in this forum, too. Indeed, the works of Frederik Magle are absolutely awesome - I keep playing them over and over again, myself.
Well, thank you for making me feel not too stupid, Krummhorn :grin: And it is a beautiful and well organized forum I think. Yes I keep playing these over and over too! I feel privileged that a composer of Frederik's stature allows this type of correspondence, that us admirers may study his art from a very close vantage point (thank you Frederik, truly!). Why did I not hear his music before? Why did I only discover it by accident? Might it be that we have a smaller world view here in the US and thus are not so aware of the European talent out there? I've grown up with the classics and opera in my head from a child (father playing music at 7:00 in the morning!) but my head really got turned with pipe organ in college and not again until I heard this music, thank the universe.