SC2K4 RANTS! NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

dannot

Banned
Thanks Chaos for uploading the first one. Here's the second one between me and my brother Lou.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Hi ChaosTony and dannot, and welcome to MIMF.dk!
cheers444.gif

Please tell us a little more about what these audio-files and "SC2K4" are about. I know I can download them, but I think think most people would like to have a little more info first.

dannot

Banned
Well, SC2K4 stands for Summer Contest 2004, which is currently a video game character contest going on at gamefaqs.com. Most people do analysis in text form and i thought it woud be cool to do it in audio form and be a tad different.
Tony told me about this site, and since my geocities site is down, i figured this would be a nice place to host the rants.
This is a site that seems to enjoy its humor, unlike other sites I have been to in the past, so I figured this, as well as gamefaqs, would make a good audience for these rants which have devised by my brother and I.

By the way, good luck with the composing.

--Danno

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
OK, the hosting-feature was intended for members to post more relevant stuff, such as their own mp3 music, scores etc., but I'm going to let your files stay anyway
smile.gif
Unfortunately I don't have unlimited space (not hosting on my own server), but I wil garantee your files will stay for at least another month. After which I will only remove them if I run out of space.

Had it been pictures or other small-size files it wouldn't have been an issue at all, but these are rather large and there's a lot of them. Hope this sounds fair to you. Just contact me by PM or mail if you have any questions.

dannot

Banned
Ok. Very sorry about this Mr. Magle. I am in a constant search for an upload site. If I find a new one, I'll leave promptly.
Sorry to be an inconvinience,
--dannot

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
why do you keep on posting these files?
are they in any way relevant to this site? and if so, how?

Thomas/corno
Regulator

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, I did promise dannot and ChaosTony that the first four files can stay for at least a month, after which I'll delete them only if I run out of space. However, the guarantee of one month only extends to those four files and if I run out of space I will start to delete the new files.

The reason I allow these "irrelevant" files in this case is that at the time tony & dannot started uploading, I had not yet made an official policy regarding attachments (before I increased the upload size to 8 MB it wans't nessecary), but now I have updated the rules regarding attachments: see this link for more info. And in the future they will be enforced.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Looks good with the guidelines.
I would hate to see this forum be flooded with nonrelevant postings and attachments for no other reason than the "free space" here...
shake.gif

I hope future posters will show a little more consideration when sharing files with the rest of us.
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, as I promised I allowed the files to stay for a month (actually seven weeks). I've been looking at my server space and in order to make sure that there is enough space left should a member decide to upload several large files with, say, his/hers own music or other relevant files, I have deleted these files.

I hope you have found new hosting by now, dannot and ChaosTony (if needed at all, since the summer is now over and probably the "SC2K4" too, right?
smile.gif
)