Newbie from California

KJC

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I'm a Ph.D. Candidate in Biology at the University of California Davis. I am very glad to have found this forum, especially as there is an area to discuss the pipe organ/ organ music, as well as jazz and international music. I've been a classical music lover/listener/collector since the age of 18 (I'm 33 now.). I've played the piano off and on for several years now, but have become increasingly interested in the organ, especially the organ music of J.S. Bach (my favorite composer) and other baroque composers. One day I would love to learn to play the organ, but I sometimes doubt I'll ever have the time. Oh well, at least I have my CDs (not to mention LPs!)

My other hobbies/interests include travel, photography, aviation, mechanical timepieces (esp. wristwatches), wine, etc.

I'm looking forward to talking to you all.

Cheers,
cheers444.gif

Kevin

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Kevin,

Welcome aboard, I hope you'll find your "stay" here a pleasant one. Nice to have you aboard.

Kind regards,
Thomas/corno

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Kevin! Glad to have you aboard, hope to see you around here often and discuss all sorts of interesting topics with you
smile.gif