Luciano Pavarotti hospitalized

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Found this news item earlier today ... Luciano Pavarotti was admitted to the hospital in his home town of Modena, Italy. More information in this news article. :(

rojo

(Ret)
Apparently he's doing better now, thank goodness. After undergoing surgery for pancreatic cancer a while ago, he'd been teaching and working on a recording. What a trooper.

Kromme

Apparently he's doing better now, thank goodness. After undergoing surgery for pancreatic cancer a while ago, he'd been teaching and working on a recording. What a trooper.
Is he still singing for recordings?I thought he retired from music-making.

rojo

(Ret)
According to the article, he hasn't done any public performances since the operation, but "Pavarotti's London-based manager, Terri Robson... said he was working on a recording of sacred songs and also teaching students daily."

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I saw him sing in the 70s with Dame Joan Sutherland at the Sydney Opera House (before he became a mega-star), quite an experience. Sent the opera queens hysterical with bliss from memory. I wasn't so into Luciano ... as my idea of a heroic, young man chasing the ladies around was not a chronically obesse ugly Italian ... call me old fashioned. Joan, also, was rather scarey to look at, however, her voice was perfection ...