How do you make those ambient sounds?

kristoffer1989

well i love what i think is called ambient sounds. i've heard people make them in reason but i have no clue how you do it.

if you're not shure what i mean go on youtube and search for "sp404 ambient noises" or "sp404 electronica"

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Well, in Reason it would probably be a matter of tuning the built-in synth. There are also alot of refills out there, and I have seen some with grooves and samples customized for Chill/Lounge/Ambient.

kristoffer1989

Well, in Reason it would probably be a matter of tuning the built-in synth. There are also alot of refills out there, and I have seen some with grooves and samples customized for Chill/Lounge/Ambient.

yeah, do you have any tips of how to tune the synths? i am familyar with programming synth. i have a microkorg.. but i just don't know what of wave and programming i schould try..

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
sorry man, it's been a while since I used Reason. But as far as I remember it is fairly east to obtain a decent result in Reason without too much effort. Try to locate some ambient-sounding presets and adjust them to suit the sound you are looking for. Thats my best advice bro'

Strunch

well i love what i think is called ambient sounds. i've heard people make them in reason but i have no clue how you do it.

if you're not shure what i mean go on youtube and search for "sp404 ambient noises" or "sp404 electronica"
I made this short ambient scattered soundscape with Reason after I read your question, all with the downloadable demo of this refill soundpack here.

Don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, I normally just use Reason for beats and percussion. I would maybe recommend using Sonar or Cubase with some VSTs for ambient sound instead, or if you're new to sequencers, perhaps FL Studio or Cakewalk's Music Creator for VST host.

kristoffer1989

I made this short ambient scattered soundscape with Reason after I read your question, all with the downloadable demo of this refill soundpack here.

Don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, I normally just use Reason for beats and percussion. I would maybe recommend using Sonar or Cubase with some VSTs for ambient sound instead, or if you're new to sequencers, perhaps FL Studio or Cakewalk's Music Creator for VST host.

thank's i'll check it out(just don't have the time right now)
yeah i often rewire cubase and reason 3.0 when i make music, so as you may understand i'm not new to sequencers hehe, but thank's a lot. you know any good vst's then?

Strunch

For ambient sounds on top of my head:

Pro-53, adventus, z3ta+, FM7, Vanguard, V-Station, Atmosphere.. and if you have access to FL Studio, the Sytrus.

There are many more of course, but these are probably what I would use.

kristoffer1989

i understand. Well i've listen to your song now and it was pretty dope. i will try to make a track with the same type of "sound" and put some drums and a bass guitar on top. i think that would make some great electronica!

Strunch

Thx, but I don't make ambient music normally, you can hear what I usually produce here if you're bored. That's the above VSTs in effect.

I shall look forward to hear what you wanna do with that refill, I think you're right =)

methodistgirl

ambient sounds?

Thomas that was weird! I all ready have heard you play something
a lot better before I told you about Bejeweled and asked about
Skaven. That was really weird! I felt like I was in a haunted house
or something.
judy tooley:crazy: