New Downloads?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Jan,

Magle International Music Forums itself is not a provider of music for download purposes.

That said, individual members may, at their sole descretion, have and do currently make available for this community, compositions of their own creation for the purpose of listening and/or downloading. A prime example are the compositions of Frederik Magle.

We have numerous members who are active composers who, from time to time, post links to their works. Inspiration takes time, sometimes many months, for works to be composed, let alone performed by a musical group.

Hope this helps a little.

[ps: I moved thread into this forum as it will be more visible here]

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Bump :wave:

Frederik Magle is opening up a new online store for his compositions.
Here is the link: Music by Frederik Magle.

That store link will be opening Monday or Tuesday (Feb 11 or 12, 2008)
Having already listened to these new tracks, I can assure you that you will be quite pleased with the tracks being offered.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Jan,

Magle International Music Forums itself is not a provider of music for download purposes.

That said, individual members may, at their sole descretion, have and do currently make available for this community, compositions of their own creation for the purpose of listening and/or downloading. A prime example are the compositions of Frederik Magle.

We have numerous members who are active composers who, from time to time, post links to their works. Inspiration takes time, sometimes many months, for works to be composed, let alone performed by a musical group.

Hope this helps a little.

[ps: I moved thread into this forum as it will be more visible here]

Krummhorn

Very well spoken and an admirable reply to Jan. No wonder this site has become what it is.

Seriously, are you by any chance educated in teaching as well???

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi intet-at-tabe,

Thanks for the kudos - :tiphat: - just trying to do my part in helping people on this forum.

I was headed for a teaching career at the beginning of college but found that I could make far better money in electronics, so I switched careers for my main-stay employment. Having fully retired from electronics (was my full time occupation for 33 years) in mid 2006, I now divide my time between my church music obligations and being an online moderator for two music forums and a wiki site.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Hi intet-at-tabe,

Thanks for the kudos - :tiphat: - just trying to do my part in helping people on this forum.

I was headed for a teaching career at the beginning of college but found that I could make far better money in electronics, so I switched careers for my main-stay employment. Having fully retired from electronics (was my full time occupation for 33 years) in mid 2006, I now divide my time between my church music obligations and being an online moderator for two music forums and a wiki site.

Krummhorn

Thank you for the reply. I asked this serious question in admiration, because you and Sir Frederik Magle often remind me of a teacher, I once had in public school way back in the day. He was a one in a million of teachers, with very few pedagogic instruments he had the entire class of the 26 desperately young confused noisy teenagers, subjectivily engaged in his teaching, like I have never experienced before or since.

He was the single one teacher while in public school, who made this young danish lad to reach the interest in reading and to begin to read novels from the pencils of great writers throughout the world and the history of the world, which have for the rest of my life until now given me so much knowledge and pleasure.

So hats off :tiphat::tiphat::clap::clap:to the both of you guys Sir Frederik Magle and you Krummhorn