A new feature: Quick Reply!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, as you may have noticed there's a new field called "Quick Reply". This is a new feature I have installed that makes replying faster (and simpler).

Simply write your text in the Quick Reply field, press "continue", et voila: You've made a reply! Couldn't be simpler. There's also a new convenient "Graemlins" pop-up panel, an (English) spell checker etc.

If you have any questions, then just use quick reply...
wink.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hmm... I'll have to try this...
laugh.gif

I'm missing some graphics under "options" - the "post icon" is not showing here...
And to the right of the "Fortsæt" (Danish version - of "Continue") button there are to small buttons it seems - but there's nothing in/on them... - and then theres a little "checkmark" in the lower left corner - what's that?
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Yeah, there are some "starting problems" - I'm on to them and hopefully they are solved within a few days.

The two empty buttons must be "Preview Reply" and "Check Spelling" (something has gone wrong in the "language file it seems...looking into it)

The checkmark on the lower left corner is for: Add Signature (again, missing language - works fine in English)

corno

Sr. Regulator
Ah... makes sence...
smile.gif
bad bad translater
wink.gif
hehe...
Oh well... it works anyway... - Nifty option... would it be possible to add a checkmark for "Add this to my favorites" also?
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
ooops...my bad. I had forgotten to upload the danish language file
blush.gif

It should work now
Still needs to fix the mssing icon though...

Regarding "Favorite threads": Isn't the "Favorite Thread (toogle)" option just below enough?
smile.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator
hehe... now it looks better - the "post icon" thingy is still unavailable though... oh well...
smile.gif

hmm as to the "Favorite threads"... well... it's just a little hazzel having to press several places... the "toggle" thingy also sends one elsewere so it's not possible to do in "one go"... I luxury problem I know... but hey...
wink.gif

btw... it isn't possible to see whether a given thread is a "favorite" without seeing the "result" of pressing the "toggle" link... is it? - I know there's a list on "My home", but I was thinking about the functionality being "out here" in the forums... just a couple of "flashy icons" would be great... hehe
laugh.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
The problem (for me) with adding additional functionality is that I'm not really a programmer myself. I know how to "hack" the forum-software and add different improvements, but the source-code for these improvements comes pre-programmed. What I do is find the files that needs to be changed and then edit them, adding the new source code and adapting it for the forum. But I don't write the code... so I will have to hire a programmer to do any additional functionality (like in the case of the "Teaser Forum"-modification I implemented) and that cost money...
crazy.gif

(I've attached the txt file with the instructions for adding "Quick Reply" so you can see how it's done)

corno

Sr. Regulator
hmm... yeah I can see it isn't that easy... - and even though I've just started my minor-study in Computer Science I'm not the most able of programmers... yet... - hmm... maybe some time in the future I'll be able to do some editings in this source-code... but so far it's a little difficult to see what's what.
laugh.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator
now the "post icon" shows nicely... don't know if it's my machine or the site that has changed (for the better)
smile.gif