A french musician from Chicago

Alex Millet

A french musician from Chicago

Hi all,
I'm a french musician and I've been living in Chicago for a year.I have a classical training (piano, harmony, counterpoint) and I've been playing jazz for 17 years.I also made some music for short film ( check my website).

Frederick, I listened to your symphonic poem and your work for brass and Organ : it's beautiful music, very dramatic, deeply emotional. You prove that one can still write in the romantic idiom and telling new interesting things. It's amazing to see such a young composer like you being performed by great orchestra and conductor ! How did this happen?Is your symphonic poem available on disc?

I'm a huge fan of late romantic nordic music associated with the wild landscapes : Sibelius and Nielsen of course but also Langgaard, Atterberg, sallinen and especially Allan Pettersson ( not so romantic!).

What could be better to introduce myself than a piece of muisc.below is the link (streaming) of my last orchestral piece entitled "Chicago, the song of a great City"

http://alexmillet.free.fr/Chicago192.m3u

It's a piece inspired by the city and its people; it's light music in the style of Walton and John Williams : easy to listen and to understand.
It's only the mock-up made with computers and sound libraries, so don't expect a very realistic sound.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Re: A french musician from Chicago

Hi and welcome Alex! Glad to have you aboard!
smile.gif

I'm glad you like my music and the modern romantic style I'm working with! The symphonic poem "Cantabile" is a commisioned work (commisioned by the Danish royal family). I'm working on the remaining three movements in the moment, and it will be recorded and released on CD when completed.

I'm looking forward to download and listen to your music tomorrow!

All the best
Frederik