Favorite hobby or craft?

methodistgirl

Does anyone here in the forum have a different hobby than their music?

Besides practicing on the pipe organ and my harmonica, I like to Knit and crochet as well as scrapbook. Really it's not really
scrapbooking I do. It is more like keepsake booking where I take and save my church bulletins from the church each sunday and put
it in a binder as a keepsake. I also put other announcements from the bulletins in the keepsake book. And yes! I would like to start
a discussion where Krummhorn can participate with. I would like to know!;)
judy tooley

Last edited by a moderator:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Interesting about the church bulletin saving ... I started doing just that, but after 15 years, it became a rather cumbersome project so I abandoned the practice, instead kept a few from each church I served. I can't fathom multiple binders containing 47 years (so far) worth of bulletins - Yikes :nut:

Hobby or craft - hmm, well I enjoy my work as a volunteer at a local Lutheran thrift shop evaluating and repairing electronic stuff, and tinkering around with stuff at home. My other hobbies are composing music for organ/piano, helping moderate two music forums, and co-working with as a supervisor/editor on a Q&A wiki site.

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
As I have mentioned on another thread, stained glass windows are a fav of mine.

Corno Dolce

methodistgirl

favorite hobby

Does anyone else have a favorite craft or hobby? How about cooking,
fixing automobiles, fishing, computer games, and more? Come on
Mr. Magle I would like to know what you like doing.;) Come on people
let's start some more discussion!

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Hi methodistgirl,

Well - since you put it that way, I like to do performance-enhancements on cars, boats and aircraft.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Cooking as a hobby? Well, I call it survival ... Having raised a teenage son as a single parent, cooking was always something that I truly enjoyed, not to mention, essential. Nuked hot dogs 5 times a week was never on my menu :nut: !!

Love to take drives - especially out in the hilly or mountainous country - roll down the windows, open the sunroof and let the breezes blow about you as you cruise down the road.

jvhldb

Well, I din't know cooking counted as a hobby, I thougth it was an addiction? I'm trying to get my organ in the kitchen so I can practice both hobbies at the same time, but I don't think the steam will be good for the sheet music.

Sybarite

Cooking, reading, photography (and architecture as a direct result of the photography), history and football (that's 'soccer', for those of you in the US ;) ).

methodistgirl

Does anyone here scrapbook or do needle work? I find that a relaxing
hobby. I will watch television when I'm at someone else's house and
I enjoy reading different songbooks. I read them like I would read a
good navel or storybook.
judy tooley:grin:

Well is there anyone else? I would like to hear from even Fredrick Magle
on what he enjoys when he's not on the organ, and Jvhldb that's the
first time I ever heard of a musical such as an organ in the kitchen!:grin:
I thought they went in the livingroom or den like a computer. You
wouldn't want a drum set in the kitchen with you, would you? I do some
rediculous things too! I also like to watch trains pass my house on
the tracks. CSX is my next door neighbor! I will play games on my
computer at home and go to the library to chat with you guys. I don't
have the net at home my computer is too old. I would like to hear
more! Let this be a fun controversial thing. Hobbies!
judy tooley

Come on now! I'd like to hear some more. Forget the controversial thing.
I just want to know what you enjoy doing outside of playing music.
Are there any more answers?:confused:;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Violinschlüssel

Cooking as a hobby?

Well, why not? I love cooking, it relaxes me. Even though I don't always cook for myself only, but for my family too (my mother and my father), I enjoy this activity.
Anyway, my other hobbies are: reading, listening to music (especially film scores), writing film reviews (and anything connected to cinema; ehm, actually, I'm a moderator in an Italian cinema forum), astronomy and astrophysics. ;)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Photography
Collecting flashlights:grin:
Cars
Cycling

Last edited:

methodistgirl

I also enjoy astronomy. Why not? I think God created the stars just
for our enjoyment. I also enjoy listening to music. I rather enjoy
making my own with weither it is my guitar or the church pipe organ.
I find it relaxing. Come on now! I'd like to hear some more.
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . . . Collecting flashlights:grin:

Mat,

Now that sounds interesting ... I've never known anyone who collected flashlights before today. I'm intrigued by this - can you tell us a bit more about how you became interested in this? How many are in your collection?

Corno Dolce

Hi Judy,

Methinks the stars were created not only for our enjoyment but also to keep us humble. There are so many *processes* that take place in the Cosmos, of which we do not fully understand the ramifications. Thusly, we are given gifts and talents for which we are responsible to develop, nourish, and manage so that we may discover evermore. However, if we as humans become arrogant in our believing that we know everything there is to know, well, then we will lose out in the end.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Well, Krummhorn, usually people give me this strange look when I tell them about this. It started about 10 years ago when my parents bought me my first flashlight. I've always liked all kinds of electric/electronic stuff. Now in my collection I have almost 70 different flashlights (Maglites, Mactronics, Fenix, Frendo, Phillips, VersaBrite and many others; One of them is over 40 years old, it was used in Polish railway and to tell the truth it's in a great shape and works, of course:grin:). And somehow I've found forums (both Polish and English) where you can talk with people like me (flashoholics).

methodistgirl

Wow!:eek: Those are a lot of flashlights! I enjoy keeping my new bulletins
from church. I used to collect rocks as a hobby. I will still pick up a
rock if I see one that I think is unique. As for flashlights, I only have
one and it is no bigger than a pencil. I also used to collect pennies.
Now that is a hobby that will make you money after you roll up those
pennies! Let me hear more!:grin:
judy tooley

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hmm, what else can I say? Having this amount of flashlights is not always a profit. When I have to choose one I never know which is be the best to particular task:p... This hobby/addicton is quite expensive. You know, all the batteries, spare bulbs and switches... On the other hand my friends always know what to buy as a gift for me:). So, if you ever needed a flashlight you know where to look:p

methodistgirl

It would be nice to have at least one of them myself. Oh well!:rolleyes: I've
tried to juggle once and wound up puting myself in the emergency room
with a black eye! I would like to hear more! Sybrite, where are you girl!
I would like to hear from you somewhere!
judy tooley