ORGAN CONCERTS IN MONACO

megodenas

Sunday october 3rd, 2004, I will give an organ concert at the historical Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Carmes' Chapel in Monaco-Monte-Carlo (Europe). It will be at 16:30 o'clock.
Free entrance.
Romantic, symphonic and comtemporary music.

This organ, built in 1873, was recently restaured (january 2004) by Thomas (Belgium) and it as 2 keyboards and 10 stops. Not so "big" but very charming like all the Cavaillé organs...

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A generally large and variated sound for an organ with just 10 stops I must say, impressive. And you seem to get much tone colour from it. The improvisations has some interesting parts. I will not go into a detailed analysis/review now though as I would have to listen to it several times, and I'm in the middle of my own work. But definitely worth a listen if you have interest in organ music improvisations.

megodenas

HOLYDAYS ORGAN CONCERTS IN MONACO

Sunday December 26th, 2004, and Sunday January 9th 2005, Monaco organ concert
Carmes' chapel, 54 Boulevard d'Italie - Monaco Monte-Carlo (Europe)

December 26th, 2004, at 16:00 o'clock
and
January 9th, 2005, at 16:00 o'clock

Christmas concert - Traditional and classical Carols and other organ pieces for the Holydays times
Concert on the historical organ Cavaillé-Coll (Built in 1873)
by the composer and organist Marc Giacone.
Free entrance.

If you pass neer the Principality of Monaco, come to ear this beautyfull romantic organ.
All other information on my website :
http://wakamba.site.voila.fr/orgmga.html

megodenas

ORGAN CONCERT IN MONACO FOR THE TSUNAMI VICTIMS

JANUARY 9th, 2005
at the Cavaillé-Coll historic organ
of the Chapelle des Carmes of Monaco
54, boulevard d’Italie, Monte-Carlo

ORGAN CONCERT
for the tsunami victims

Sunday january 9th, 2005, at 16:00 o'clock

Program : Organ music for the circumstance.

A collection will be taken. The fund collected will be donated to Red Cross, to provide vital support to the victims in need.

theMusicMan

Re: ORGAN CONCERT IN MONACO FOR THE TSUNAMI VICTIMS

... any chance of a recording being made available... or anywhere where we can offer a link for people to make a donation if they can...?

megodenas

ABOUT THE RECORDING

Thank you for your interest to this concert, well achieved !
I am happy to tell you that we have recorded the concert (the 9th january concert for tsunami victims). Studios is preparing an illustration for the CD case. I did a special composition for the circumstance, titled "Tsunami", duration 68 minutes, 4 mouvements. Soon I will said more about this recording. Cd will be soon available online.