Hello!

Lute Lover

Hello All,
I'm new here. I'm a huge fan of early and classical music and look forward to sharing with everyone here.

I also am fortunate to work for Dorian Recordings - as Director of Marketing - and welcome discussion of our catalog and questions about our artists and releases!

Cheers
Suzanne

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Ms. Suzanne,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home. You work for Dorian? Has that firm been resurrected??? Wow - I had bought many a CD from Dorian in the past and was sad to see it disappear. When the Wanamaker CD with Peter Richard Conte recording was released - Man, what a recording!!! I really liked the CD with JSBach played on the Lautenwerck by Kim Heindl - perfect for the Well Tempered Clavier, Goldberg Variations and others.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Greetings Suzanne :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums.

Great to have a wonderful resource person as yourself in this forum community. Hope you will enjoy your time here and we look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Lute Lover

Hello Ms. Suzanne,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home. You work for Dorian? Has that firm been resurrected??? Wow - I had bought many a CD from Dorian in the past and was sad to see it disappear. When the Wanamaker CD with Peter Richard Conte recording was released - Man, what a recording!!! I really liked the CD with JSBach played on the Lautenwerck by Kim Heindl - perfect for the Well Tempered Clavier, Goldberg Variations and others.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Yes, Dorian is back and "relaunching" this month with new releases. You can check them out here www.dorian.com and listen to pieces from them at www.myspace.com/dorianrecordings.

The company was purchased by the current owner in 2005. We have the vast Dorian catalog and are adding to it, and maintain the standard of production quality and high resolution recordings for which the "old" Dorian was known.

Glad to be here!

Best
Suzanne

methodistgirl

This sounds like the music that comes from Kentucky. What kind of
instrument are you playing. It has more strings than even a 12 string
guitar and sounds like folk music.
judy tooley

Lute Lover

Perhaps you're referring to the music from Indigo Road, the new CD from Ronn McFarlane? He is a well known lutenist with the Baltimore Consort but this new CD is all original compositions he has written and performs on the lute..

stephen wainman

12 string guitar

This sounds like the music that comes from Kentucky. What kind of
instrument are you playing. It has more strings than even a 12 string
guitar and sounds like folk music.
judy tooley

This may not actually be your interest (sorry if so!), but do you know about 12 string guitars? I am looking for a good one, but don't know much about them. Is there a recognised best make?

Cheers!