PDA

View Full Version : Concerto for organ and orchestra

giwro
Nov-14-2007, 22:16
Greetings, all:

I've been working on a Concerto for Organ and Orchestra, here's the first movement for your consideration:

1 - Maestoso (http://www.evensongmusic.net/audio/OrwigOrganCtomvt1.mp3)

Instrumentation - Organ, strings, 3 tpts, celesta, percussion.

rendered in Finale 2006 (orchestra) and Hauptwerk 2.21 (organ)

Enjoy,

-G

methodistgirl
Nov-14-2007, 23:48
Could you send me a composed version of the concerto. My computer
isn't working too good with it's sound card.
Judy tooley

giwro
Nov-15-2007, 19:14
Could you send me a composed version of the concerto. My computer
isn't working too good with it's sound card.
Judy tooley

Sorry Judy,

The score isn't ready for posting yet....

Best,

- G

Krummhorn
Nov-15-2007, 19:22
Giwro,

Listened to your new composition yesterday and again today while online in this forum. Wonderful work you have done so far - look forward to hearing more of this piece as it progresses. I absolutely love Organ/Orchestra compositions - there aren't enough of them ... yours takes a real fresh approach and is very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing this with our community here.

Corno Dolce
Nov-15-2007, 19:37
Hi Giwro,

WOW!!! Now thats a very effectful work. I really enjoyed it and am grateful that you shared another labor of love. While listening to it, my mind "added" a trombone choir to it. The Contrabass Trombone is a hobby of mine these days so that's why I also heard the trombone choir with my mind's eye. I wish you a successful completion of what, imho, will be a terrific addition to the Organ/Orchestra repertoire. Congratulations dear sir.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

methodistgirl
Nov-15-2007, 23:12
It sounds great! I like it.
judy tooley

giwro
Nov-16-2007, 06:52
Glad you enjoyed it!

now... to get mvt 2 and 3 written down....
:p

Giwro,

Listened to your new composition yesterday and again today while online in this forum. Wonderful work you have done so far - look forward to hearing more of this piece as it progresses. I absolutely love Organ/Orchestra compositions - there aren't enough of them ... yours takes a real fresh approach and is very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing this with our community here.

giwro
Nov-16-2007, 06:54
<chuckle>

Sadly, I didn't hear the trombone choir in my head...

Someday I may write a concerto for larger forces - right now I'm trying to get used to using smaller combinations.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers,

- G

Hi Giwro,

WOW!!! Now thats a very effectful work. I really enjoyed it and am grateful that you shared another labor of love. While listening to it, my mind "added" a trombone choir to it. The Contrabass Trombone is a hobby of mine these days so that's why I also heard the trombone choir with my mind's eye. I wish you a successful completion of what, imho, will be a terrific addition to the Organ/Orchestra repertoire. Congratulations dear sir.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Mahlon
Dec-24-2007, 08:00
good instrumentation, nice use of harmony, very beautiful work

giwro
Jan-06-2008, 04:38
good instrumentation, nice use of harmony, very beautiful work

Glad you enjoyed it, Mahlon!

- G

Contratrombone64
Jan-07-2008, 06:03
giwro - wow - I really, really like it. I couldn't hear a celeste ... but then again it's a very, very quiet instrument up against some noisey ones.

bravo - Mister Giwro - bravo :-)

musicalis
Jan-23-2008, 15:37
Dear Giwro !

May be I am comming a little late in this forum, but I want to let you know that I like very much this music.