Arggg

toejamfootball

I am interested in buying myself an MP3 player.. but there is one problem. Every review I read of any MP3 player will talk about "Screen Size", "Wifi", "Scroll Bars" and things like that, but they always forget to mention SOUND QUALITY. The reason I want an MP3 player is to listen to music I want to know which one has the best sound quality the most EQ setting etc.. but all anyone talks about is all of these other things that have nothing to do with how it sounds. :rolleyes:

Sybarite

Personally, I've got an iPod – because I'd heard about them and because I have an Apple Mac etc.

I've found the sound to be very good – although it should almost go without saying that you need to dump the in-ear phones and replace them with decent headphones (I've got a paid of Sennheiser, for instance). But I listen to a variety of music, from classical to jazz to rock and pop, on my machine and I don't have a problem with it.

You can tweak quite a lot with the equalisers in iTunes – I haven't done it much, but there seem to be plenty of options there.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Consumer Reports rates the iPod 'Touch' quite high. IT says some of the improvements were to not recess the earphone plug making it possible to use different earphones without a special adapter. According to the article, that ear plug is on the bottom of the unit now so it has less interference with the screen.

The audio quality was rated high, but to get the better sound, I totally agree with Sybarite's comment above about the in-the-ear buds.

toejamfootball

Yeah I cant decide between Ipod and the new Zune, The new Zune has great reviews on Cnet.com but not alot about how it sounds. Plus I think that it is compatiable with Xbox 360, but I am not sure.

Oh well, I have a while to decide since I can't afford one at the moment anyways. :D