Stripes theme

EricTheHammer

Hi. I was wondering if anybody has a midi or anything for the Stripes theme? It's the song played near the beginning of the film using mostly a piano. If anybody has this, and could post it, I'd be very thankful.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
hmm... I've made a concert band arrangement where the theme from Stripes is included... maybe you'll be able to search for it if you want a midi file with just that theme... try google.com

corno

Sr. Regulator
The music for Stripes is by Elmer Bernstein.

corno

Sr. Regulator
there might be other versions out there... or maybe you could find the sheetmusic somewhere? - in a library perhaps?

corno

Sr. Regulator
heh... well yeah... it's not that easy to find movie themes available in midiformat due to copyright reasons... so maybe it's just easier to listen to it a few times and the just try to ad lib it...
smile.gif

EricTheHammer

Seems like I can find any other movie theme out there, just not the one I need haha. I'm nowhere near as taleneted to be able to play it by ear.

corno

Sr. Regulator
hmm ok... what kind of transcription are you looking for? - just the melodyline? or with chords?

corno

Sr. Regulator
try the attached snippet - it's only 4 bars but maybe you can take it from there
smile.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator
you'll have to download it, here it doesn't look that great...

EricTheHammer

It turns out that's not even the right song. I guess the theme wasn't the right word. If you have the movie, its the song played after Bill Murrays loses his car and is walking to his apartment. It's a slow piano piece with a guitar that comes in later.

corno

Sr. Regulator
No, I don't have the movie. I've just arranged the Theme, which was the one I posted, in part, earlier.

LeeBZB

I have the VHS film with the "catchy" piano melody played near the start of the movie (when all goes wrong for "John" (Bill Murray). I'm aware it's by Elmer Bernstein, but I can't find the name of the tune or anything else about it. I would love to be able to buy the sheet music so that I could play it on the piano. I REALLY don't want to try and write it down the notes myself....it will take me forever! Any info out there? I haven't actually checked with any music stores...I guess that should be my next move. ~ Lee

corno

Sr. Regulator
Could you post a snippet of the "piano melody". It would help as to determin the title/origin of it.