Hawk is here:)

hawkan2580

Hello fellow music lovers:)

I thought I'd introduce myself a bit, I am one of the musicians who has managed somehow to make my passion a livelihood and I've been playing at a pro level since I was 16 and done so successfully for 19 years (for those mathematically challenged musos out there.. this makes me 22 years old:cool:)

I'm originally from Sweden but now resides in Australia where I ended up after a couple of extremely long tours and at the level I then played, you had gig 1 or 2 nights in each country, which wasn't very nice in respect to seeing anything of the countries you played in, I can comfortably say that I've been almost everywhere without seeing anything. So when the tour ended in Australia, I figured I stay behind for a while to get to see at least one country properly.. and 9 years later, I'm still here:)

These days, I'm lucky enough to have enough residual income (read royalties) coming in so I can work with what I want and skip the rest that would be just bread winning stuff, so my choice is to work on a "lower" level, gigging mainly locally with the occasional international stint. My main income stream today is mostly from producing others but I still do about 90 gigs a year.

Main instrument is keyboards (hammond, rhodes and piano are still the fav's but I also play a lot of analogue or fm synths when the songs calls for it.. however, sample players mostly leaves me feeling uninspired). Bass is a new addition that I took up in order to do a led zeppelin tribute show .. heaps of fun!

People who knows me know to not ask me anything unless they want the truth, which is never delivered with a malicious intent but can still be perceived as blunt, as I don't clad things in rosy language :) If something is good but needs work, I say so, if something is crap and the focus is better spent on something else, I say so too. Of course, I am the first to say that something is great if is IS great as well!

Favorite line when working as a producer (delivered with a very surprised tone of voice after a decent take) Is that the best you can do?????? Works wonders with guitarists ha ha ha
Favorite line when working as a musician... man, that felt great but I think I broke something ...

Feel free to listen to some compilations of extract from my playing / producing at www.myspace.com/hawkanmanderstedt

cheers,
Hawk

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Hawkan2580,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Greetings Hawkan2580 :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums. Hope you will enjoy your time with us.

Muza

Hello,

Sounds like it would be loads of fun to have you here. What inpired you to join?

hawkan2580

Hello,

Sounds like it would be loads of fun to have you here. What inpired you to join?

Thanks for that:) Well, put simply, Andrew Roussak tipped me off on myspace :cool:
The other reason is, it's payback time... what I mean is, I have amounted some degree of knowledge of different areas of the music business from a great number of people throughout my career; from the technical side of keyboards, do's and don'ts in the business side of things + a decent understanding of the workings of studio gear and producing...... time to pass this on to those who are just starting out, or yet not as experienced.

This does not mean that I deem myself higher/better or anything like it, just that I know that there is bound to be people out there who could benefit from some of the knowledge I've accumulated over the years and I am more then happy to share.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A very belated welcome to you, Hawk! :tiphat:

Glad that you wish top share your knowledge with us - and hope you will find this forum both enlightening and fun.

Kind regards,
Frederik

Muza

That sounds very nice Hawk :) Whatever your reasons/inspirations are, we are most glad to have you here :)