I'm Mahlon

Mahlon

Hello everyone! I'm a classical pianist/composer, and I'd like to introduce myself to the Magle Forum community. I'm currently in my 3rd year at high school, music is my favorite thing in the world, and I can't get enough of Baroque, Bach and Glenn Gould make for an amazing mix :) So thats a little bit about me, I hope I get to meet some new people and discuss the wonders of music!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Greetings, Mahlon :wave:

Welcome to Magle International Music Forums.
We have lots of interesting discussions here, and I'm sure you will find that we are a friendly group. Enjoy your time here.

Mahlon

i would rather like to post on the contemporary composers forum.. i have more than ten posts, but for some strange reason it won't let me.. grrrrr

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I'm checking this out, Mahlon ... no reason why you shouldn't be able to post there.

Muza

Hi Mahlon. Welcome.
So are you seeking to pursue education in music when you go off to college?

Mahlon

yes I'd like to study as a composition major at Indiana University at bloomington, but also do history on the side and piano if I can manage, are you a fellow composer? =)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I often have errors when I'm computering ... mostly its an issue between the interface between the keyboard and the chair ...

Muza

Unfortunately, I am not a composer, and not even a musician :( My whole family are musicians though. My father is a jazz pianist and a composer. For some reason, he never wanted me to learn how to play... (i think thats cause he was forced to study music when he was young, which never worked out - it was only later that he decided to teach himself how to play).

Anyhow, it is nice to have you hear :)

methodistgirl

Muza, do you at least listen to music? That's a way to play music is
turning on a radio station or let the computer play the music.
judy tooley

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A way overdue welcome to you, Mahlon! :tiphat:

I'm very happy that you have already become such an active member of the community, it's great to have you aboard! I've taken a quick listen to a little of your music ("Devastation and Variations" - looking forward to listen to more later) which was a pleasure listening to. Hope you are having a great time here and will continue to do so (if you are of course ;))

Best regards,
Frederik

Mahlon

hellllo

Hey Fredrik, its great to meet you! I'm afraid I'm slightly addicted to your forum. I find myself typing in magle.dk every time I go online :p I'm deffinetely enjoying the forum, let me say thanks to you for creating such an interesting website where musicians can keep in touch, also thanks for listening to some of my music, I try to be as modest as I can but us composers do love having our music listened to :cool:

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Hello Mahlon.

Great to have you here at MIMF, like I am quite sure listening to the link you entered with three pieces of music and reading the short profile. You´ll have a great future in all music, specificly classical music ahead of you as a pianist and composer etc.etc.

One can only say you come from a musical family. Wow Mahlon. Though, I am an ameteur with no whatsoever education in music, I enjoyed the three pieces on a not so wet monday morning in Denmark.

Best regards to you Mahlon looking forward to more links of music from your hands and your continued posting. I seem to have got the same addiction as you with MIMF, as a newbie myself since January 1 2008.

See you and keep up the good work,
intet-at-tabe

P.S. If you listen closely you can hear the applause from behind my computer, Wow Mahlon!!

Last edited:

Muza

Muza, do you at least listen to music? That's a way to play music is
turning on a radio station or let the computer play the music.
judy tooley

Haha, yes Judy, you are quite right, I never thought of it that way :D If we were to look at it from this angle, I suppose thats all I ever do - play music :grin: