Happy New Year!!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
To all members of Magle International Music Forums,

May you have a great New Year's Eve and a wonderful new year! :)

I also wish to send a special thanks to the regulators; Frederik Sjölund, Thomas Dressler, Thomas Nielsen (Corno) - and of course - Robin (rojo) and Lars (Krummhorn). Thanks for doing such a fantastic work for our community!

See you next year! :trp::cheers:
All the best,
Frederik

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:tiphat: Happy New Year to you, Frederik :tiphat:, and all the members here on MIMF.

It is indeed a pleasure to work along side the greatest staff people in the world on this forum, and I am indebted to Frederik for granting us the opportunity in serving you, the members here, as we continue to make this forum community the special place that it has been and will continue to be as we enter another new year. :cheers:

:alc: :trp: Happy New Year To Everyone :trp: :alc:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
A Happy New year to Our Dear Leader Sir Frederik Magle. May he live long and prosper.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
:up::up::up:
:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Respectfully,

Corno Dolce

Andrew Roussak

Happy New Year to all and everyone !!!

Could we have a little MIMF online party now???

Well, it is a good tradition in Russia to raise a toast as an "old" year fades away, and to recall once more all the good things happened in this year. For me, MIMF was definitely one of the highlights of 2007. A wonderful place, where you can always learn something new, discover new names, take part in the discussions. Internet makes such unbelievable things possible: you are getting to know so many interesting people, who little by little become your online friends. You will , obviously, never meet your opponent or partner in the "real" life, and , rather often, you don't even know his/her real name. Nevertheless, these are the friends who are always there.

I want to thank Frederik for creating this forum, our top mods ( first and foremost , rojo and Krummhorn ), and all who took an active part in the discussions/reviews/promotions this year. The moderation was always very delicate and fair, and the common level of topics discussed was very high.

Wish you all the best in 2008,
cheers and good luck
Andrew

rojo

(Ret)
Now, how did I miss this thread?

Some mod, huh? :rolleyes::grin:

Oh well; being late won't stop me from wishing Frederik, and everyone here at MIMF-

Happy New Year!

:trp::clap::banana:
:clap::trp:

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
lolcat4566721.jpg

Muza

Happy new Year everybody - wish that all the worse things are left behind in the past year and only the good things are carried over to the new year!!! :)

methodistgirl

I just hope we are all blessed with a good year since it is still new. I cried
last night when I realized that it was the anniversery of my marrage to
my late husband. You would think that my grief would be over by now but,
I still miss him. I even dream about him and that makes me miss him more.:cry:
judy tooley

rojo

(Ret)
Judy, I extend my sympathies to you, and hope that the new year brings you plenty of good things to be happy about.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . You would think that my grief would be over by now but, I still miss him. I even dream about him and that makes me miss him more.:cry: judy tooley

Judy,

My condolences for your loss. It's always difficult when we lose someone we dearly love, but you do know that he is in heaven and with you spiritually.

We all experience losses in life - and it gets difficult when we encounter the holiday seasons ... try to focus on 'the now' ... make new friends ... there are support groups in every city that help people cope with issues like this.
Yes, memories are forever, but I also believe that those we have lost are wanting us to move forward with our lives, too.

methodistgirl

Thank you Rojo and Krummhorn. I have good news. I finally get to move
out and live in a new place!:trp::clap:I found it through HUD.
judy tooley
P.S. I hope I can also move my Email address soon.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hey Judy ... That's really great news for the new year ... Congratulations :clap:

methodistgirl

Now I need a place where they will let me play their pipe organ. The rules
at my church is changing and they're not in my favor.
judy tooley.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Judy,
What's happening in the church where they find it necessary to limit practicing times for you? How often had you been going there to practice and for how long? It could be the office (if it is in earshot) needs some break from the drone sounds of the organ.

The late Virgil Fox once told me "it doesn't matter what I practice on sound-wise - it's the finger exercise that matters the most." He said he often had to practice on little spinet organs at times. While we prefer to rehearse with something that sounds decent, what we are really practicing are the notes and how the hands and fingers relate to each other.

Even if you found a good digital or electronic to practice on would be better than none. I often practice with a very simple registration - 8' & 2' manual flute and 8' principal in pedal - rarely do I ever engage tutti when practicing. I only venture away from my practice registration when preparing the piece for church or a concert.

Even practicing notes on a piano is better than not playing at all ... hopefully some other arrangements can be made or you can find suitable means for using an instrument elsewhere.