Hi folks

mrfdes

Hello everyone,
I am a new member to this forum and I would like to introduce myself.

I am an organist and music teacher currently living in England.
I was (as was the only option in my time) classically trained at the Royal Conservatories in Ghent and Brussels, but later became a jazz musician, while I still kept playing in church (sometimes with a very thumping head on Sunday mornings).
I used to play at a church where they had a historical instrument (about 1750), a pity it was small (1 manual with 8 stops, among which a trumpet, split over 2 halves of the manual, and a pedalboard with 1 stopped 8' Bourdon, posing as a 16', and a coupler to link the pedal to the manual), it nevertheless had an excellent sound and was beautifully ornamented, and thanks to me being very strict, the priest kept it well maintained (there was a visit from the tuner twice a year).
At the moment, unfortunately, teaching takes up a lot of my time, and I have not touched a real pipe organ for over a year.
At the moment I have to make do with sequencing organ music using MyOrgan.

I do love the Hammond organ too, which to me still is the absolute king of electronic organs (the tone wheel ones anyway).
Once again, nowadays I have to make do with the B4, because of no room in my house.

Well, I hope this tells you something about me and I will try to contribute here as often as I can.
By the way, Happy New Year to everyone.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Hello, mrfdes :wave:

Greetings to you and welcome to MIMF. It's wonderful that you have found us and joined this great forum community, and we look forward to your contributions.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, mrfdes :tiphat:

I hope you are having a great time and finding our Pipe Organ forum - and other sections as well - of interest.

All the best, and (belated) happy new year to you too :)
-Frederik