What jazz have you been listening to today?

Jazz_Keys

"Summer Wind" - Bob Berg Tenor Sax, with fantastic piano playing by David Kikoski, one of my favorite "new breed" of pianists.

sunwaiter

Corno, you're really insane and that's what i'm looking for in people! :)

if i'm not mistaken, you like McCoy Tyner very much...

ok: McCoy Tyner - la busca

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Br. sunwaiter,

I have never been called insane but a little bit of lunacy makes an extremely brief appearance once in a blue moon. Yes, McCoy Tyner and Keith Jarrett are my faves and inspire my development in Jazz Piano playing.

*Autumn Mood* by McCoy Tyner - released in 1997.

Corno Dolce

Aloha Mat,

Ms. Dennerlein is surely a most gracious and skilled exponent of OrganJazz.

I have just listened to her play *Make It Spicy*.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

Last edited:

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Dobry wieczór Corno Dolce,

Yes, she is a skilled artist indeed. I discovered her music quite not long ago. She's begun her career over 20 years ago and still doing very well. I was truly impressed with her concert at Trinity Church. Man, pipe organ jazz like that is not something you hear everyday. It was peculiar experience.

Right now I'm listening to:
Jimmy McGriff - Straight Up

Corno Dolce

Добри вечер мои друг Мat,

Yes, thanx to her I'm experimenting with OrganJazz more and more.

Cheerio,

Jazz_Keys

"Wave" from The Awakening by the Ahmad Jamal Trio released in 1970. This is one of my favorite versions of this Jobim tune. Ahmad gets into some 4ths voicings and pentatonic scales ala McCoy. When I first heard this over 35 years ago it blew my mind (still does) and I still play the song in this key (F) and use his bass line intro to set up the song when I perform it. Click here to listen to Ahmad

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Aloha Jazz_Keys,

Thanx for sharing a great audio clip - It has a nice and hip groove - I wonder if Ahmad knew some of the work that McCoy was doing? It wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

Cheerio,

sunwaiter

ni hao ma?

Corno: let's get it straight: from me "you're insane" is a real compliment, at least i intent to make it so :) i never felt better than when people called me "crazy" , or other terms of the genre, surely because i believed i was a little different, even if it's only for a minute.

eric gale - jesus children of america ( cover of stevie's w.'s song )

Corno Dolce

Wo hen hao, ni ne?

Br. sunwaiter, I understood a bit later that you probably meant it as a compliment and it was then taken as such.

*Time For Tyner* by McCoy Tyner - released in 2005.

sunwaiter

i see you speak pinyin chinese, bruddah! or maybe use a translating device? i can show off a little but i need to learn more to build real sentences.

if i don't get any othe post from you today, i just can say: zai jian!

john abercrombie with jan hammer and jack de johnette - timeless

Corno Dolce

Aloha sunwaiter,

I have studied Chinese several years and continue to study Mandarin Chinese. Pinyin is only the *romanized* form of the Chinese characters.

Cheerio,