PDA

View Full Version : What jazz have you been listening to today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73

rojo
Jan-06-2008, 06:00
We need one of these threads specific to the jazz forum. :grin:

Today it was:

Linus and Lucy - Vince Guaraldi
Elegy - Art Tatum

Corno Dolce
Jan-06-2008, 08:52
"Round Midnight" with Dexter Gordon.

Mat
Jan-06-2008, 12:54
Herbie Hancock - Cantaloupe Island
Stan Getz - East of the Sun
Joey DeFrancesco - 'Plays Sinatra his way'
Michael Buble - Summer Wind

Hey, rojo.
Thanks for starting this thread. At it was said earlier we are bringing more life into the jazz forum.:grin:

Best regards,
Mat

Corno Dolce
Jan-06-2008, 13:09
"The Very Best Of Diana Krall".

Three cheers for Ms. RoJo: HURRAY - HURRAY - HURRAY :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::c heers:

A Votre Santé,

Corno Dolce

rojo
Jan-06-2008, 20:14
Spiderman Theme - Michael Bublé

Thanks guys. :) And hurray for jazz! :up:

Merci bien, CD; santé à vous aussi.

Corno Dolce
Jan-06-2008, 20:42
"Dear Miles" by Ron Carter.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-07-2008, 09:06
"Etudes" by Ron Carter (double bass) with Bill Evans (tenor and soprano saxophone), Art Farmer (trumpet and flugelhorn) and Tony Williams (drums).

Best regards
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-07-2008, 10:01
Wow - intet-at-tabe,

You and I listened to the same work today - you must be telepathic or something...:grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-07-2008, 11:08
Wow - intet-at-tabe,

You and I listened to the same work today - you must be telepathic or something...:grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

To show that I can do one single answer short:

(LOL) :guitar::):). Well we must compare Jarrett albums one day. Do you have all his classical enterpretations as well?

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-07-2008, 12:11
Hi intet-at-tabe,

Have you checked your MIMF inbox for my message addressed to you?

In re to Jarrett's classical interpretations - no, I honestly don't have them all.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-07-2008, 18:04
Just wrote you on another thread, patience my friend - patience. Got the e-mail and sent one in return.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

ses
Jan-09-2008, 11:53
Dollar Brand (Adullah Ibrahim), Ode to Duke Ellington on fine vinyl.

Corno Dolce
Jan-09-2008, 18:13
*It's about Time* by Brian Bromberg.

NEB
Jan-09-2008, 18:22
Oscar Peterson - we get requests

Corno Dolce
Jan-10-2008, 13:08
*Dear Miles* by Ron Carter.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-10-2008, 22:40
The Gary Burton Quartet "Passengers with Eberhard Weber" ECM Records 1976. Beside GB (vibraharp) and EW (weber el. bass) the band had another el. bassist Steve Swallow and Pat Metheny (guitars) and Danny Gottlieb (drums) and what a drummer he was and is.

Should anyone doubt it listen to "Travels" by the Pat Metheny Group 1983.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-10-2008, 23:26
*Angels of Shanghai* by Bob James

ses
Jan-11-2008, 00:20
A lot of jazz this evening (on vinyl of course)
Dizzy/ Rollins/ Stitt /Bryant etc.
Mingus big band (Mingus, Mingus etc)
Dexter Gordon at Keystone
and right now in mono (king of sounds) with Stan Getz, Oscar Peterson+Ellis+ Brown.

Corno Dolce
Jan-11-2008, 09:16
*Secret Story* by Pat Metheny.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-11-2008, 19:32
*Secret Story* by Pat Metheny.

Corno Dolce

What record label is "Secret Story" by Pat Metheny? Can you mention other PM albums after "Secret Story"?. I know "The way up" is on: www.nonesuch.com (http://www.nonesuch.com) Was there another label in between.

My reference to your increasingly skills was related to you mentioning "San Lorenzo".

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Muza
Jan-11-2008, 20:17
Sade...Cant exactly recall which cd it was, but it was great!!!

Corno Dolce
Jan-11-2008, 20:34
Hi Intet,

It is on the Nonesuch Records label - Metheny Group Productions.

Below is a list of his recordings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Metheny_discography

Just scroll down the page.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

ps. Back on topic: Today I have listened to "H" by Bob James.

ses
Jan-11-2008, 21:41
Two extreme lovely CD's
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BEBHHJAPL._AA240_.jpg
(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X2QD6TQTL._AA240_.jpg)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X2QD6TQTL._AA240_.jpg
(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X2QD6TQTL._AA240_.jpg)

Corno Dolce
Jan-11-2008, 22:22
*Round Midnight* played by Dexter Gordon.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 08:06
"Round Midnight", by american pianist Thelonious Monk. The song certainly another jazz standard classic.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 08:09
Hi Intet,

It is on the Nonesuch Records label - Metheny Group Productions.

Below is a list of his recordings:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Metheny_discography

Just scroll down the page.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

ps. Back on topic: Today I have listened to "H" by Bob James.

Thank you Corno Dolce

I looked to the Wiki page, realising how few albums I have with Pat Metheny. In time - in time.

Thank you compadre,

intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-12-2008, 08:40
Hello Intet,

I am overjoyed that I could render such humble service to you dear sir. I looked at the total discography of Keith Jarrett solo and with the trio and other projects - Whew! Thats a fair sum of money to get all those.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

p.s. Back on topic: "Grand Piano Canyon" by Bob James.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 08:50
Hello Intet,

I am overjoyed that I could render such humble service to you dear sir. I looked at the total discography of Keith Jarrett solo and with the trio and other projects - Whew! Thats a fair sum of money to get all those.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

p.s. Back on topic: "Grand Piano Canyon" by Bob James.

Hi Corno Dolce

Why do you think I suggested for you to send a copy of the "My foolish heart" double CD album (the thing about the will was only to catch your attention :D:);)). Both my exe wives took care of whatever were left. I do have a couple of shoes though, and a genuine turkish Meerschaum pipe, and since I don´t smoke? Think carefully about the offer (LOL). I have all Keith Jarrett solo-improvised albums.

We could change albums. I guess you have many more Pat Metheny albums than I. So it would never be something for nothing, but something for something?;):grin::cool:. I really dig your humor, compadre!!

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-12-2008, 08:55
Hello Intet,

I don't have many of PM recordings. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement about my humor - and I likewise appreciate yours.

Humbly,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 08:59
Hello Intet,

I don't have many of PM recordings. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement about my humor - and I likewise appreciate yours.

Humbly,

Corno Dolce

Corno Dolce

Of course I could also ask my lawyer about my Cayman-Island accounts (LOL).

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-12-2008, 09:05
Cayman Islands accounts, eh??? Thats pretty creative...

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 09:23
Cayman Islands accounts, eh??? Thats pretty creative...

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Hi Corno Dolce

I can see you inside of me. That last post really got him up from his chair - all awake.

You know we have a phrase in Denmark. Give your love away, never your secret accounts (LOL), just kiddin´with you, compadre.

End of imagined story.

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-12-2008, 09:36
Hi Intet,

Yup, Keep your secret accounts secret and your love affairs even secreter. :grin::grin::grin:

I wish you a most blessed weekend dear sir.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-12-2008, 10:02
Hi Intet,

Yup, Keep your secret accounts secret and your love affairs even secreter. :grin::grin::grin:

I wish you a most blessed weekend dear sir.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

:grin::grin::grin::cool::cool::cool: (record for intet-at-tabe)

Mat
Jan-13-2008, 17:53
Chick Corea - Humpty dumpty, Sophisticated lady, On green dolphin street

Corno Dolce
Jan-14-2008, 02:52
Jazz Mass by Heikki Sarmanto on the Finlandia Label.

ses
Jan-14-2008, 13:52
Count Basie "Me and You", a late Pablo recording with heavenly sound and dynamics. "Moten Swing" will send you in circulation (when you listen to it on a fine turntable set up). Basie's pianoplaying is delicate. 5 big band numbers and 3 chamber numbers.

Corno Dolce
Jan-14-2008, 19:23
"Wood" by Brian Bromberg.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-15-2008, 12:00
John Scofield from his album "Meant To Be" Blue Note Records 1991 feat. Joe Lovano (tenor and soprano saxophone), Marc Johnson (double bass) and Bill Stewart (drums).

John Scofield, one of my personal fav jazz guitarists on the same artistic level as Pat Metheny, post JS´s time while playing in the Miles Davis Band in the 1980´s.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-15-2008, 12:02
"Wood II" by Brian Bromberg.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-15-2008, 12:03
Chick Corea - Humpty dumpty, Sophisticated lady, On green dolphin street

Hi Mat

Great choices from you.

Bet regards,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-15-2008, 17:54
Chick Corea (piano) on "Three Quartets" Stretch Records 1981, feat. the late GREAT tenor saxophonist Michael Brecker, who past away in 2007, Eddie Gomez (double bass) and the american drummers drummer Steve Gadd.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-15-2008, 20:27
Hi Intet,

Maybe you can help me out with this question. Was not Michael Brecker married to the Brazilian Jazz Pianist Eliane Elias? I have this very faint recollection that such a union was indeed fact.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Muza
Jan-15-2008, 21:06
etta james :)

Mat
Jan-15-2008, 23:14
Thanks Intet:tiphat:, I'm doing the best I can.

Joey DeFrancesco - Live At The Five Spot
Herbie Hancock - Cantaloupe Island
Sonny Rollins - Sonny side up

NEB
Jan-15-2008, 23:43
Not listened to any jazz today at all. Tried to avoid even the radio if possible...

Corno Dolce
Jan-16-2008, 04:40
Dear NEB,

Now I'm crestfallen - you haven't listened to any Jazz today? What a pity - no Jazz CD's? Hmmmmm...:confused::confused::confused:

Take care,

Corno Dolce

intet_at_tabe
Jan-16-2008, 09:30
Hi Intet,

Maybe you can help me out with this question. Was not Michael Brecker married to the Brazilian Jazz Pianist Eliane Elias? I have this very faint recollection that such a union was indeed fact.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Corno Dolce

Amigo. But you don´t need my help on Eliane Elias (piano, vocals) from Brazil. Impressed though:smirk:. One out of two you got right. Right family at least :smirk:. You only had Michael Brecker wrong. I believe the beautiful Eliane Elias from down South America the country of the Samba, Pele´ and soccer played on the beaches - Brazil, Eliane and the brother of Michael, Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn) made a couple for some time, but not forever more.

I believe Eliane, who also interpretate brazilian romantic songs for instance composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim into jazz and the american Marc Johnson (double bass) hang out these days.

The same Marc Johnson, who was awarded the danish JASPAR JAZZ PRIZE 2006 or 2007, due to his latest album then "Shades of Jade" ECM Records 2005, where Eliane Elias plays the piano, John Scofield - the guitars, Joe Lovano - the tenor and soprano saxophone, Alain Mallet - the organ and Joey Baron handles the drums.

You can find the two of them on Eliane Elias album "Brazilian Classics", Capitol Records 1993 - Eliane (piano, vocals), the famous brazilian Ivan Linz additional vocals, Marc Johnson/Eddie Gomez (double bass), Jim Beard (synthezisers), Peter Erskine/Jack DeJohnette/Luis Braga (drums), brazilian Castro-Neves (acuostic guitar) and the brazilian percussionists Cafe´/Nana Vasconcelos/Portinho.

However since you share your personal inner thoughts on Eliane Elias. "We really need to talk Billy!!".

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-16-2008, 10:56
The late Michael Brecker from his last album "Pilgrimage", BMI Music 2007 feat. Pat Metheny (guitars), Herbie Hancock/Brad Mehldau (piano), John Patitucci (double bass) and Jack DeJohnette (drums).

Michael Brecker, years on end in the exclusive group of the top 5 world wide best jazz musicians, composers and on the tenor saxophone.

MB both recorded with his brother Randy in the BRECKER BROS. Band, always having some of the very best musicians hanging in. Terry Bozio, a former Frank Zappa drummer to mention one of those musicians, who really appreciated the funky trends in the BRECKER BROS. Band. Listen to "Collection, Vol. 1 and 2" having not less than 28 top funk and jazz musicians to fulfill the band.

And then Michael Brecker composed jazz music for his own albums like these from 1987: "Michael Brecker" - "Michael Brecker Band - Live at the Montreaux Jazz Festival 1987" - "Don´t try this at home" - "Now you see (Now you don´t)" - "Tales from the Hudson" - "Two blocks from the edge" - "Time is of the essence" - "Nearness of you" - "Wide Angels - The Michael Brecker Big band" and his last recording in his unfortunately all to short life "Pilgrimage" from 2007.

When Michael Brecker passed away, most of us felt pleased that his illness ended so the pain left him. On the other hand we all lost a great and very kind respected human being, and one of jazz music´s and the tenor saxophone´s best interpretators in modern contemporary jazz.

Michael Brecker was a GIANT in jazz.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-16-2008, 12:45
Hi Intet,

Now I'm really confused :confused::confused::confused:
You said I shared my innermost thoughts about Eliane Elias? How so, amigo? She holds no appeal for me except her exquisite artistry as a musician. You must be pulling my leg. Oh well, I shall try very hard next time to guard my usage of English so that is is not misconstrued to mean the obverse of what I'm trying to communicate.

Whew!

Corno Dolce :o:o:o

intet_at_tabe
Jan-16-2008, 13:31
Corno Dolce

"You must be pulling my leg." Perhaps dear sir :smirk:.

However, someone (anonymous) wrote precisely the same question about Michael Brecker and Eliane Elias on a danish musical website two weeks before, I first started in the MIMF. So we, Peter and I followed the conversation, just to see if anyone knew.

I am not, nor have I ever been a spectator of or Private Eye on people´s nor individual musicians private affairs. So when I read your question, I thought, could it be the same person? The answer and the knowledge presented to you by me came from this conversation.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-16-2008, 18:53
Hi Intet,

MIMF is the only website of Danish origin that I'm a member of. Funny though that someone else had a similar train of thought about Brecker/Elias.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Muza
Jan-16-2008, 22:15
Ron Carter

intet_at_tabe
Jan-17-2008, 00:53
Hi Intet,

MIMF is the only website of Danish origin that I'm a member of. Funny though that someone else had a similar train of thought about Brecker/Elias.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

Corno Dolce

I wish, since you´re - ifrån Skånes land - I could remember the site, but I can tell you this. There were more than 22 suggestions from different people on the question: Who is Eliane Elias living with? Some of them more crazy than others. Not because of her piano playing though. Need I say more?

You know these sites about glamour, actors, people of fame, TV stars et.etc. They have these sort of polls. Who is dating Who? The real reason, we ended up there was that Peter wanted to show me sites like this, where the importance of what is written there is next to none, so I would know not to waste my time but - get on.

But then I knew of Eliane Elias as the pianist and the singer, couldn´t care less about anything else.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-17-2008, 10:56
Back to the topic on a sunny morning. Well - one can actually see the sun and some blue sky. Jazz for this morning Michel Camilo (piano), born in The Dominian Republic, but a newyorker for years since he finished studies at the Berklee School of Music.

The album by Michel Camilo "Rendezvous" Sony Music 1993, feat. Anthony Jackson (basses) and the awesome monster drummer, found by and mentored by Chick Corea: Ladies and Gentlemen - Dave Weckl!!. Dave Weckl and Vinnie Colaiuta the latter known from The Mothers/Frank Zappa and different Chick Corea bands. Two of the best of all jazz drummers from the US for the past 20 odd years.

Chick Corea was one of Miles Davis´ discoveries back around 1968/69. Chick had already released a couple of records. He played with Miles at the same time Keith Jarrett did. Since his days with Miles, he adopted the talent to find new talented musicians on any instrument, take them in, nurse them and carry them on his wings, to finally let them use their own wings and simply - fly!!

Now it´s all sun here outside my window.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Mat
Jan-17-2008, 11:54
Back to the topic on a sunny morning. Well - one can actually see the sun and some blue sky. Jazz for this morning Michel Camilo (piano)...

What a great guy he is. Do you know his album On fire from 1989? I guess this is my favorite:).

Back on topic:
Steve Lacy - Reflections

NEB
Jan-17-2008, 12:07
In all likelihood, in an hour or so when I jump in the car to go out to do some voice coaching, I'll be listening to whatever selcetions JazzFM are serving. This is a raio stantion in the UK that I really do enjoy listening to and has various programs during the day aimed into different areas of Jaz, RnB and so forth. Good mixture from a good station.

intet_at_tabe
Jan-17-2008, 13:10
What a great guy he is. Do you know his album On fire from 1989? I guess this is my favorite:).

Back on topic:
Steve Lacy - Reflections

Well, well, well Mat

And here I thought, I would give you some updating on Steve Lacy, but whoops you enter Steve lacy - Reflections, like the magician and the rabbit from his hat, however check out the Jean-Luc Fillon thread.

Michel Camilo, also titled the latin-american-piano-boxer. Very talented composer and pianist, often his tunes in very hasty tempo. Yes buddy I´ve got the:

"In Trio" 1986, Electric Bird Records
"Michel Camilo" 1989, CBS Records.
"On Fire" as well. 1989, CBS Records.
"On The Other Hand" 1990, CBS Records.
"One More Once" 1994, Sony Music.
"Thru My Eyes" 1997, RMM Records.
"Spain" duo with flamenco guitarist Tomatito. 2000, Lola Records.
"Live at the Blue Note" double CD 2003, Blue Note Records.
"Spirit of the moment" 2007, Telarc Records.

One can´t almost not sit quietly, when Michel Camilo and his bands enter the CD player. However Mat, you also need sleep, so be careful and disciplined with the Mp3:cool::cool:-

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-17-2008, 22:55
Hello Intet,

Ah yes, Michel Camilo - he does tend to get me on my feet and tapdance the night away. :grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

CD

intet_at_tabe
Jan-18-2008, 07:29
Hello Intet,

Ah yes, Michel Camilo - he does tend to get me on my feet and tapdance the night away. :grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

CD

Corno Dolce - check you pm, please!

In honor of you dear sir a man of wealth in his own way, obviously having extremely well controle over his own legs and feet -tapdancing :grin::cool:, is that AWESOME or what? to the inspirering latin jazz by Michel Camilo. So I figured after all this tapdancing, you should sit down and relaxe and alowe me to embrace you.

So this morning, Friday 18 in the holy year 2008, I´ll play the "Sun Bear Concerts", by Keith Jarrett on solo-improvised-Bosendorfer-piano, ECM Records 1976 - only for you. The 5 solo piano concerts from five japanese islands, in the city´s of Nagoya - Osaka - Kyoto - Sapporo and Tokyo.

Now Corno Dolce out of these 5 concerts, I´ll give you, kneeling in front of you in respect and honor, not only due to the tapdanicng, mind you -the concert from Osaka, Part 1. Extremely melodic, romantic, meditative and relaxing (for those of us who sit in the sofa and only listen).

My fav of these 5 concerts, and probably within the 4 best solo concerts by Keith Jarrett (Køln, Bremen & Lusanne, Osaka and the 4th "Facing You" (which is not improvised but a studio recording) during his different duels with the piano, humming and dancing, standing up, sitting down, and then up again.

Funny thing with Jarrett is that one sometimes can feel his frustrations, when the inspiration has left him during such demanding performances, especially on the Køln concert. But then he waits keep playing one of two notes, and suddenly he is floading again, like a butterfly blessed by the Lord.

Once asked by a reviewer to how or rather why he can manage these improvised piano concerts, Jarrett simply answered: The music comes through my fingers to the piano, I am only the katalyst.

Humbly and respectfully, min svenske kompis
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-18-2008, 09:25
Hi Intet,

"Tapdance the night away" is just a figure of speech - I can maybe tapdance for 30 minutes straight. The other night my Lady and I danced the Argentinian Tango in a Hotel Ballroom and had a blast. Pity that so few can do the passionate Tango danceform - it is poetry in motion and it so easily tells a story if you know how to interpret the body language of the dancers. And of course, what would Tango dancing be without the music of Astor Piazzolla?

After dancing, my Lady and I have excellent relax and intimate time. We are both of the same mind when it comes to Tango dancing: If a couple or a single guy or single woman can't Tango with a partner, they'll never know what it is to live.

Cheers,

CD

Mat
Jan-18-2008, 16:48
Michael Bubble - Call me irresponsible

intet_at_tabe
Jan-18-2008, 22:03
Hi Intet,

"Tapdance the night away" is just a figure of speech - I can maybe tapdance for 30 minutes straight. The other night my Lady and I danced the Argentinian Tango in a Hotel Ballroom and had a blast. Pity that so few can do the passionate Tango danceform - it is poetry in motion and it so easily tells a story if you know how to interpret the body language of the dancers. And of course, what would Tango dancing be without the music of
After dancing, my Lady and I have excellent relax and intimate time. We are both of the same mind when it comes to Tango dancing: If a couple or a single guy or single woman can't Tango with a partner, they'll never know what it is to live.

Cheers,

CD

Corno Dolce

30 minutes of tapdancing straight with no breaks? Honestly my friend are you on Viagra :grin::cool:;):D ???

Astor Piazzolla? If we both believed in buddhism, which I don´t, we might have met in a former life, and then there would be a plausable explanation to why, you can always enter names of musicians, I care about.

Thanks for the PM btw.

Now my friend, you make sure you´ll have a great sunny weekend, which is much more likely for you than me.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Muza
Jan-19-2008, 02:41
Saint Petersburg SKA Jazz Band! Totally made my day!

Corno Dolce
Jan-19-2008, 09:34
Hi Intet,

Viagra? whats that? Steroids for plants? :):):):D:D:D:grin::grin::grin::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol:

Nah, Cialis all the way :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Seriously, My Lady more than takes care of me during intimate time :grin::grin::grin: No need for those strange pills which just upset my stomach.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

p.s. back on topic: Today was an Astor Piazolla day - all day long.

pps. Great minds sometimes like the same music :):):) You must have a great mind most dearest sir...

intet_at_tabe
Jan-20-2008, 09:04
Hi Corno Dolce

You may run, but you can´t hide dear Sir: Viagra? whats that? Steroids for plants? :):)

:):D:D:D:grin::grin::grin::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol: - Male plants, right you are.

In all due honesty dear friend, I meant Viagra towards tapdancing 30 minutes straight. I would believe even Fred Astair or Gene Kelly, had the both of them been around these days, they would envie you. Tapdancing demands not only skills and controle of your legs and feet, but a very good fit-for-fight-body. 30 minutes of tapdancing without any intermission, would not only bring sweat to the forehead for any, however blessed, guy in the middle of his fourty´s, but free transportation to the local ER.

But then with Viagra - improving the performance - in tapdancing of course, I can imagine you could hang in on the dance floor, for 30 minutes. I did say imagine!!

So please dear friend, while we´re at it. Listen to an old album from Chick Corea, titled (have you guessed it yet?) Tapdance with that awesome vocalist Flora Purim.

Best to you Corno Dolce,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-20-2008, 10:12
Corno "tap" Dolce

Here´s an idea for you dear Sir, which could bring the two of us even closer to be partners in a very lucrative buisness, where the customers will never fail.

Advertisement from Times Magazine:

Learn how to tapdance, Tango and lose the wheel around your belly at the same time.

Maestro, stand-up comedian and state-of-the-art-performer Corno "tap" Dolce teaches the secret sensual steps in Tango for Two - at night.

We offer individual groups designed only for you according to weight.

The education: Outdoors under the sun.

For further information, please write to the Starship MIMF.

Bank references: intet-at-tabe, Cayman Islands.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-21-2008, 11:27
Hi Intet,

You should have said:"Tango for Two - Round Midnight".

Ahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I see the proceeds of that "sham" business contract only going to your Cayman Islands Account - what ever happened to equal sharing of the profits, eh? :D:D:D:grin::grin::grin:

Thanx for the tip about Chick Corea and Flora Purim.

Hey, have you heard the Swedish Jazz Vocalist Rigmor Gustafsson? Man, she is hot :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Cheers,

CD

intet_at_tabe
Jan-21-2008, 11:55
Hi Intet,

You should have said:"Tango for Two - Round Midnight".

Ahahahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I see the proceeds of that "sham" business contract only going to your Cayman Islands Account - what ever happened to equal sharing of the profits, eh? :D:D:D:grin::grin::grin:

Thanx for the tip about Chick Corea and Flora Purim.

Hey, have you heard the Swedish Jazz Vocalist Rigmor Gustafsson? Man, she is hot :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Cheers,

CD

Hi "tap" (among friends from the inner circle) :grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Corno Dolce :cool:

I figured due to your epression "sham" buisness, since you would be pretty occupied during the day with courses under the sun on different levels, still fit-for-tapdancing and the U-la-ha - "Two for Tango" at night and since I neither tapdance nor "Tango for two - Round Midnight" especially Round Midnight, it would be fair to you not having to speculate about less important activities like the administration and uninportant things like entry fees, adds., marketing etc.etc. for this samaritan - Help yourself - course as well.

So I humbly (in 100 respect for you) offered to take this hard, tiresome, boring, always in the shadows and inconvenient task on my own shoulders:);) since a little bird :angel: sang to me not too long ago, you and your Lady would also shortly need time to change diapers :grin::cool::D;):):grin:. A completely honest and unselfish offer for you.

As a matter of fact, I would offer you 65 percent and only 35 percent for me (look at the certain conditions, written with small letters at the bottom). All in all for your benefits. I would pay all expences until we begin (need a place to invest some of my earlier earned "sham" money far away from the danish skatte-bolaget). Beside this, they already know me and my reputation on the Cayman Islands.

"As good as it gets" :grin::grin::grin::grin:

No, I haven´t heard of Rigmor Gustavsson - but Lisa Nielsson, I know from her collaboration with NHØP some years back.

There is an old album from the 1970´s in Flora Purim´s name called "Open Your Eyes, You Can Fly". I know you would like this one.

I´ll send you the contract for your signature dear sir. Please, if you have any changes tell me?
We should be able to start somewhere around Maj 2008.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

intet_at_tabe
Jan-21-2008, 17:19
Back to the ordinary topic:

Cassandra Wilson, has the blues in her physical movements, her voice and in her soul like no other contemporary female svocalist born in America. Not stolen or copied, but enherated from generation to generation.

On the album "Glamoured", Blue Note Records 2003 Cassandra Wilson sings and play the acoustic guitar. 12 songs well known throughout the world.

Backing, on this very steamy bluesy/jazzy album from down the south of the USA in her home state of Mississipi are Fabrizio Scotti/Brandon Ross (guitars, banjo), Gregoire Maret (harmonica), Reginal Veal/Calvin Jones (basses), Terri Lynne Carrington/Herlin Riley (drums) and Jeff Haynes (percussion).

And yet the songs "Fragile" by Sting and a former hit song by Bob Dylan "Lay, Lady Lay" and "Crazy" among other songs in new arrangements and very different interpretations are on the album.

A warm cup of tea, a coupla of canddle lights, a blanket, Cassandra Wilson on the CD player, then who cares if it rains outside.

Enjoy!!

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

Corno Dolce
Jan-21-2008, 18:27
Hello Intet,

65% and 35%??????? Are you deranged???:lol::lol::lol:

More like 51% and 49% - how about that?

Cheers,

CD

Back on topic: "My Funny Valentine" by the Standards Trio.

Muza
Jan-21-2008, 21:18
OOh, we got battle of witts going on between two of the forums finest :):):)

I didnt listen to any jazz today, actually just came here to get some suggestions on what should be the next thing I listen...and I did ;)

Corno Dolce
Jan-21-2008, 22:42
Hi Muza,

Battle of wits? Nay! We know who is the wittier here on MIMF and it ain't I.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

Corno Dolce
Jan-21-2008, 22:44
Well, I have been listening to "Symphonic Jazz" - Rhapsody in Blue and "New York Concerto" by George Gershwin.

Muza
Jan-21-2008, 22:45
Oh come on :) fine, if its more to your liking, you will be the modest one :):):)