Pirate's Cove- Main Title

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello Andy,

Sorry for the delay, I have just listened to this wonderful fresh composition of yours. In fact also listening to the other pieces on your site, too. Enjoying a nice afternoon of wonderful music, the likes of which I've not heard in awhile. You've obviously been composing for a few years - your skill is marvelous. Keep up all the great work.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Sounds like Vangellis (spelling?) to me (or film music), but then it is REALLY hard to have an original voice these days and not sound derivative. Well done, I like it a lot.

andyriggle

Thanks for the replies :)

I try to write whatever I feel like writing, and not really worry too much about sounding original. I figure the more I write, the more I'll develop a personal style.

Thanks again for listening!

Andy

Muza

Hi Andy,

I just listened to the Pirate's cove, and I was really impressed. It sounds great! I didnt find it to be like Vangellis (but then again, I cant say that I know all Vangelis inside and out).

Do you write these pieces for something in particular (some particular movie, etc) or just feel inspired and just write them? The reason I was asking, is because when listening to the Pirate's cove for example, i see anything but the Pirates and anything associated with them :) lols. (As a matter of fact, the movie that I though of while listening to it is something closer to Sense and Sensibility/ Pride and Prejudice) ;););)

Also, how do you record them - on computer software? Because it really sounds amazing, the quality is great!

andyriggle

Thanks for listening!

I don't see pirates either. It actually was originally named "Simeon's Cove" and I saw it as an adventure story of a young boy in a seaside town. Changed the name because I posted it in a rough state under that name, and wanted to get hits. My new post "Calico Jack" is definately pirate-y.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=498460

I've been writing my music lately for performance rather than for film, and seem to be having good luck. I love sitting in on orchestra rehearsals of my stuff, it's a total rush.

I use Finale notation software along with a Sonar sequencing program that I record in. The sounds I use are from the East West Symphonic Orchestra Gold Pro library.

Thanks for the kind comments,

Andy

NEB

Very nice indeed. You do know that you've borrowed the theme from close encouters of the third kind in pirates colve thought don't You? and unless you own copyright that could be an issue?

andyriggle

I don't think a musical quote really is an issue here in the states. Especially since I'm not making any cash off it. Plus I don't think John Williams or anyone he hangs with logs onto my soundclick site :)

Andy