PDA

View Full Version : Reverb setup

musicalis
Jan-14-2008, 01:15
Hi !
Can somebody help me to find the best setup of GVerb to obtain a reallistic church or cathedral reverb for the organ music I play with Kloria virtual organ ? Gverb is a plug in for the freeware Audacity.

You can see here my setup and hear the few notes of the MP3 attached file. Even if there is reverb, I am not very satisfied with the result.

Should I reduce the bandwith ?
What is damping for ? What is the best damping range for a pipe organ ?
What about early reflexion level and tail level ?

Thank you for your help.
:D Jean-Paul :D

http://musicalis.monespace.net/img/img547.gif

giwro
Jan-14-2008, 21:36
musicalis,

you'll find that a Impulse reverb is a far better way to get a cathedral acoustic. I use SIR 1 (free) which doesn't work well in Audacity yet, but one can use it in Reaper. I have some decent impulse responses and suggested settings in SIR if you are interested.

Peace,

G

musicalis
Jan-14-2008, 23:23
Thanks very much Giwro for your help.
I do not know Reaper. I have seen on the web it seems to be a good and free (VST) sequencer; which version do you suggest me to download (is it 1.878 the best one) ?
Only after installing repair, I'll try your reverb "Sir".
For the moment, I only try to add some reallistic reverb to a ".wav" or ".mp3" file, that as nothing to do with VST. But Reaper insterest me very much, if I can play in live and/or read a midifile with a good VST reverb.
Friendly.

Jean-Paul

giwro
Jan-15-2008, 05:18
If memory is correct, Reaper can load a WAV file and apply a VST effect to it also...

musicalis
Jan-15-2008, 12:07
Very interesting. thanks.
JP

iguy
Jan-19-2008, 06:45
Greetings Musicalis,

You may already have found this link, it's a one page summary of what the various settings do, together with some typical settings.

www.technology.ewu.edu/~s76/275docs/GverbNotes.pdf

There are some references to a tutorial on gverb on the net, but it seems that the link is not currently working.

Regards

Ian.

musicalis
Jan-19-2008, 11:43
Hi !
I did not know this documentation.
Many thanks.

:) J-Paul :)