• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Reverb setup

musicalis

Hi !
Can somebody help me to find the best setup of GVerb to obtain a reallistic church or cathedral reverb for the organ music I play with Kloria virtual organ ? Gverb is a plug in for the freeware Audacity.

You can see here my setup and hear the few notes of the MP3 attached file. Even if there is reverb, I am not very satisfied with the result.
Should I reduce the bandwith ?
What is damping for ? What is the best damping range for a pipe organ ?
What about early reflexion level and tail level ?
Thank you for your help.
:D Jean-Paul :D

img547.gif

giwro

musicalis,

you'll find that a Impulse reverb is a far better way to get a cathedral acoustic. I use SIR 1 (free) which doesn't work well in Audacity yet, but one can use it in Reaper. I have some decent impulse responses and suggested settings in SIR if you are interested.

Peace,

G

musicalis

reverb

Thanks very much Giwro for your help.
I do not know Reaper. I have seen on the web it seems to be a good and free (VST) sequencer; which version do you suggest me to download (is it 1.878 the best one) ?
Only after installing repair, I'll try your reverb "Sir".
For the moment, I only try to add some reallistic reverb to a ".wav" or ".mp3" file, that as nothing to do with VST. But Reaper insterest me very much, if I can play in live and/or read a midifile with a good VST reverb.
Friendly.
Jean-Paul​

giwro

If memory is correct, Reaper can load a WAV file and apply a VST effect to it also...

iguy

Greetings Musicalis,

You may already have found this link, it's a one page summary of what the various settings do, together with some typical settings.

www.technology.ewu.edu/~s76/275docs/GverbNotes.pdf

There are some references to a tutorial on gverb on the net, but it seems that the link is not currently working.

Regards

Ian.