Tournemire

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello Russ Hoffman,

We welcome you to this forum community and do sincerely hope that you will participate in the forum discussions here, too. Sometimes these pieces that people are searching for come up during casual conversation. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Russ Hoffmann,

Are you addicted to Tournemire's organ music? I am pretty much one of those addicts also. His novel use of Gregorian Melodies is quite unmatched imho.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce

While I appreciate Messiaen, Langlais, and the rest of the bunch, no other composer can begin to match Tournemire's output of melodic beauty!!!

Corno Dolce

Hi Russ Hoffmann,

Tournemire uses Gregorian Chant melodies in his L'Orgue Mystique in very ingenious ways plus a few of his works like the "Sept Chorales Poemes sur les Sept Paroles du Xrist" he uses the "melodic garlands" of Hindu Ragas in order to evoke and convey Jesus betrayal and suffering on the Cross in movements two and five of the aforementioned work.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

pianojoseph

Searching for L'Orgue Mystique 5 and 11

Hello All, I have been searching for Vols. 5 and 11 for years. I tried Sheet Music Hound recently, but no luck. Does anyone have information? Thanks so much!

Corno Dolce

Hi pianojoseph - Welcome aboard --- Please do make yourself feel right at home and stay for a spell.

I have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :):):):)