An Elegant Grand Piano

Muza

Wow, those are exquisite! I wish I had a living room to fit it in though - I cant even fit in a dining table, lols. And, well, some piano playing skills wouldn't hurt ;)

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Wow, those are exquisite! I wish I had a living room to fit it in though - I cant even fit in a dining table, lols. And, well, some piano playing skills wouldn't hurt ;)

Hi Muza

"And, well, some piano playing skills wouldn't hurt ;)".

That was hilarious :grin::grin::grin::grin: Muza.

Best regards,
intet-at-tabe

methodistgirl

That piano was very pretty. It looked foxy. I can just imagine that one
parked where one of the musicians at church had to listen to me play it
while they pecked on the Steinway!;) Yes the church has a steinway
and it isn't even half as pretty as the Chrysler piano.
judy tooley

Daniel Palmer

I'm not sure I'm too keen on the design - though I wouldn't turn it down if I was offered it!

I wonder how much it costs?

Daniel

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Oh good, I didn't want to be the only one who wasn't totally enthralled with that design. To me its somewhat overdone - although the underside of the lid this way is lots more entertaining than a shiny ebony finish. Then what appears to small casters on the legs - thought I've seen bigger casters on other Bössendorfer pianos. Mind you, this one was built to customer specs, and if they have the money, all the better for Bössendorfer.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Oh good, I didn't want to be the only one who wasn't totally enthralled with that design. To me its somewhat overdone - although the underside of the lid this way is lots more entertaining than a shiny ebony finish. Then what appears to small casters on the legs - thought I've seen bigger casters on other Bössendorfer pianos. Mind you, this one was built to customer specs, and if they have the money, all the better for Bössendorfer.

Krummhorn

In my country we say about an elegant piano like this, in danish "Til manden der har alt", which in english would be: To the man who already has everything.

Best regards admiral,
intet-at-tabe

Last edited:

marval

That is one amazing piano, mind you it would need an amazing room to put it in. I was looking at some unusual pianos on the net, one was completely transparent. One of them sold at auction for £1.2 million in 1998. I wonder if it was just for show or if it ever gets played.

Margaret

Last edited:

Sybarite

I hate to disagree with people (Krummhorn apart), but if ever we needed proof that Harrods has not one iota of class ...

I've long dreamed of having the room (and the money) to have a baby grand, but I wouldn't give that room space.

NEB

If you want elegant, get a Steinway, black, with it's simple lines etc. Anything that is that garish can't be considered elegant...

Muza

I dont think those were supposed to be a model of class and elegance, more like retro/modern/funky - thats what it looks like to me at least ;)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
And as a friend of mine eruditely said (when I showed her the piano):

My goodness - someone sent a tiler to the piano factory by mistake

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
LOL - each time I look at it I think of some "Horray Henry" dusting it, but never playing it and yet showing it off proudly to Knightsbridge neighbours.

rojo

(Ret)
I quite like the red and black one on the left, but I'd prefer it with black legs. There's something about the white legs... Dunno...

Anyway, I'll take that one please, and thank you! :grin:

I wonder, what sort of music would suit these babies?.....