Danish pastries ...

NEB

OK - Now we're talking . I know you're not talking about the food that is soooo scrummmmmy it makes the mouth water just thinking about it. But Danish Pastries. Ooooooh how I love those Cinamon whirls or those Maple and pecan pastries. OOOOOOOOH! I can feel my waisteband growing at the thought!

And Iced they just get even better. Or a frosted topping................ :lol:

marval

Or a nice tin of Danish butter biscuits, almost the best present a person can have.

I haven't searched magle, must give it a go.

Margaret

NEB

Aaaaaaaaaw Butter biscuits! I so love those with a cheeseboard as well as just on their own with a nice cup of tea.

It's the way they just melt!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
My Dad, also being of Danish ancestry referred to Danish Pastries as "Painish Dastries" as eating several of these would cause our mid sections to inflate so very quickly, and it was always a "pain" to loose that added girth ... :lol:

Fortunately, I renounced butter & oleo when I was 13 ... never used it since except for cooking purposes.

Don't have an iPod ... yet ... for Magle's compositions, I download what is available on this site and burn onto a CD for personal use in the car. It is a shame, though, that Frederik Magle's published music (CD's) aren't more readily available, especially here in the US. I would scoop them all up given the chance :)

NEB

Actually, I've not seen them in the UK either. Doesn't mean they're not there, just means they're not stock items. Now that is a shame. Even the big music stores don't seem to carry much other than the latest garbage.

Muza

The stores (actually what surprised me - book stores, like Borders) do have some very very "unpopular cds" (by unpopular I mean CDs that recently came out from artists not necessarily from US, not necessarily known by many people, of which I wouldnt normally even know). They do not have them in stock, true, but you can order them right there in the store and just come pick it up later. (Or I guess, it would be more correct to say that they do have them in stock, but just not in the store...)

I dont know if Magle CDs are there, but its certainly worth checking out (you can even do it online)!!!

Oh yeah, and Danish rules - and this is being said by the person who doesnt like sweet stuff!

NEB

Well, yep - I suppose you could go into any music store with the title, and other details and order something and they're get it from the publishers. But you'd need to know about it and be specifically looking for that thing. I used to find real gems from Browsing the shelves and finding the unusual, but these days the shelves are full of 19,000 copies of the few CD's they're pushing, and not much else. Sad isn't that?

Muza

Yes, it is very sad and somewhat annoying and disappointing. I get now what you meant by saying that CDs are not out there - i misunderstood and though that actual hard-copy cds are not there. :) sowwy ;)

NEB

Yeah - at the end of the day, If you can't get any shelf space then your sales are going to be limited unless you have a cracking cyber marketing system that blows everything else out of reach like (was it) Arctic Monkeys? Didn't they gain their prominance in cyber land and then get Hard copy l8r (just getting in with the lingo there. haha...) :lol:

Muza

lol, I have nooo idea! I have not a slightest clue of who the Arctic Monkeys are! lol, I guess I am getting old too, haha ;););)

NEB

Could be worse - we could be talking about my chemical romance.

The mind boggles with that one...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Gawd ... my thread was meant to mean: that our Frederik's music is available via iTunes, and I'll certainly do the right thing and download some. At least he then makes some money out of copyright ... the term Danish Pastries was purely symbolic of something nice (musically speaking) and with a Viking heritage (Fred).

NEB

Sorry CT - Probably my fault (as usual) But you start it off with a title about food - well leave it at that.

Now as to iTunes - I know nothing of them is that Good to be on their list?

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
iTunes is simply a means for getting MP3 style files onto iPods. Not the only way, but if you own an iPod the easiest (arguably). There are plenty of other places that sell MP3s of course, not just Apple's iTunes store.

methodistgirl

Yeah right! I thought you were answering my thread called"Favorite candy
or sweet" something like that. American pastries are also just as delightful.
I also love cheesy bread.
judy tooley